How To Send GIFs On Discord
Last Updated: April 5, 2021
Do you want to send your favorite GIFs on a Discord chat? If so, you can use the app’s GIF picker to search and share the ones you like in the chat. With that in mind, we have here a guide for you. We’ll teach you how to send GIFs on the Discord mobile, web, and desktop app.
Using GIFs is one of the most popular ways to communicate with someone on the internet. It can help express your emotions or ideas visually while making your conversation more fun and lively.
Like most apps with chat and messaging features, Discord also allows its users to send and share GIFs. You can easily access the feature on the chat window of your text channel or direct message.
But in case you’re having some trouble using the GIF picker on Discord, you don’t have to worry since we’re here to help you. All you have to do is follow our detailed guide below.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
How to send GIFs on a Discord text channel
If you want to send GIFs to a text channel on Discord, you can use the app’s GIF picker to search for the ones you want to use. In this way, you don’t have to look for a GIF on websites or your folders.
Sending GIFs is available to the Discord web, desktop, or mobile app. Follow our quick tutorials below to learn how.
On your computer:
- Open the Discord desktop app or visit their web app, and sign in to your account.
- Open one of the servers on the navigation panel on the left.
- Select one of the chats on your Text channels.
- Click the GIF icon at the bottom right part of the chat window.
- Use the search bar to look for the GIF you want to use. You can also browse the various categories that can help capture what emotion you want to show.
- Once you find a GIF that you want to share, select it to send it to the text channel.
That’s how you send GIFs on the Discord desktop or web app. There’s no need to upload a GIF from your folder since you can find most of them through the search bar.
On the mobile app:
- Click the three horizontal lines on the upper-left side of your screen to open the menu.
- Open one of your servers on the left side and select a Text channel.
- At the bottom-right side of your chat window, tap the emoji icon.
- Tap the GIFs tab and search for the one you want to send. You can also browse and choose from the various categories below the search bar.
- Once you find the GIF you want to use, tap it to send it on the chat.
If you can’t see the GIF feature on the mobile app of Discord, make sure to update it to the latest version. On the other hand, you can also contact Discord for support.
Besides sharing GIFs on a text channel, you can also send one on direct messages on Discord. You’ll find the option to do so on the bottom right part of the chat window.
How to favorite GIFs on Discord
Aside from searching for GIFs every time you want to send one on the chat, you can also add them to your Favorites list for easier access. You can find your favorite GIFs in a separate folder when you use the GIF picker on the chat.
To favorite a GIF on the desktop app, all you have to do is hover on a GIF and click the star on its upper-right corner. Once you do, the star gets filled with a gold color, signifying that it’s on your list of favorites.
Unfortunately, favoriting GIFs is only available on the desktop and web app. Discord is still working on adding this feature to the mobile version.
Wrapping it all up
With the help of the GIF picker on Discord, you can send and share GIFs directly on a text channel or direct message. In this way, you don’t have to upload files from your storage or search websites for the ones you want to use.
Discord also allows desktop and web app users to favorite GIFs for easier access. You can find all your favorite GIFs in a separate folder when you use the GIF feature on your chats.
That’s all from us! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, hit the bookmark button and visit us for our new posts and updates.