How To Send A Poll On Viber
Last Updated: December 7, 2022
Do you need the opinion of your channel subscribers or group members on Viber? Do you want to ask them a question while containing the responses in a single message? If so, you can create and send a poll to the conversation. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
If you’re managing a group or channel on Viber, there might be situations where you’ll need to ask for their input. For example, you might want ideas for events, plans, and other stuff for your community.
Instead of asking a question through a simple message, you can create a poll on the chat. In this way, the members can just vote or select the answer from the choices you added, keeping the conversation organized.
Here’s our guide about creating polls on Viber.
How to use polls on Viber
If you want to ask a question to your channel subscribers or get answers from your fellow group members on Viber, you can start a poll on the app. In this way, you won’t find the chat flooded with answers from the respondents.
You can start a poll whether you’re using Viber on your phone or computer. We’ll cover the steps on both devices in our quick tutorials below.
On your phone:
- Launch Viber from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Head to the Chats tab and open one of the groups or channels that you manage.
- Tap the Polls icon at the bottom of the conversation.
- Add the poll question and the choices for the respondents.
- Tap Create to send the poll to the chat.
You can add more choices to your poll by tapping the plus icon when creating one. You can also choose to enable “Quiz mode,” which allows only one answer from the respondents.
On your computer:
- Open the Viber desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of the channels or groups that you manage on the app.
- Click the polls icon below the message field.
- Add the question that you want to ask and the options for the respondents. Click the Create option at the bottom to confirm your decision.
To make sure that everyone within your community can see the poll, you can pin the message to the top of the chat. In this way, it will always appear on the subscribers’ chat even if the admins send new messages to the channel.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to create polls on Viber, you can now ask questions to your group or channel members while keeping the chat organized. Please note that only Superadmins and admins can create polls on channels.
That’s everything we have in our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.