How To Schedule Messages On Signal
Last Updated: February 23, 2023
Do you want to write messages on Signal ahead of time? Or do you want to make sure that you send a message at a specific time? Either way, you can schedule messages, videos, and photos on Signal. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how to do message scheduling on the app.
Aside from being a secure messaging app, Signal has a couple of useful features that can make messaging easier. One of these features allows you to schedule messages and send them at a later date and time.
With the help of the scheduling option, you can compose messages ahead of time and choose when to send them. You can reschedule, edit, or delete scheduled messages from your device whenever you want.
Here’s our guide about scheduling messages on Signal.
How to schedule a message on Signal
If you want to send a message later at an appropriate time, you can schedule the message instead of sending it right away. In this way, you won’t forget to send an important message to your contacts or groups on the app.
You can schedule messages on the Signal mobile app. We’ll show you how to schedule sending images, videos, and messages in our tutorials below.
How to schedule messages:
- Open the Signal mobile app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of your conversations on the app and type something in the message field.
- Tap and hold the paper plane icon and select “Pick Date & Time” from the menu.
- Choose the date and time when you want to send the message and tap “Schedule.”
That’s how you schedule messages on Signal. You can view, edit, or delete scheduled messages on a conversation whenever you want.
How to schedule images and videos:
- Launch the Signal mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Head to one of your chats on the app.
- Tap the plus icon on the right of the message field.
- Choose a video or image that you want to share and make some edits (optional).
- Tap and hold the Send icon and select “Pick Date & Time” from the menu.
- Choose the date and time when you want to send the message and tap “Schedule Send.”
You’ll need to have an active internet connection to send a scheduled message. If you don’t have a connection as the scheduled time passes, the app will send your message once you reconnect to the internet.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to schedule messages on Signal, you can now compose messages ahead of time and send them at a later date and time. If you ever change your mind, you can always reschedule or delete scheduled messages on a chat.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our daily posts and updates.