How To Schedule A Zoom Meeting
Last Updated: May 13, 2021
Are you the type of person that always plans ahead of time? Do you want to schedule your Zoom meeting beforehand to notify all the invitees? If that’s a yes, we’re here to offer our help. In our guide below, we’ll show you how to schedule your meetings on the Zoom desktop, web, and mobile app.
Zoom is one of the most used video conferencing apps that allows you to host and join virtual meetings for free. Once you have an account on the platform, you can go ahead and start a meeting with your friends, workmates, or other people online.
On the other hand, you can also schedule future video conferences on the app. In doing so, everyone invited to the event can prepare or confirm if they can attend.
While most people can use this feature on Zoom pretty easily, we understand that some of you are new to the platform. As such, we created a guide below to help you.
By the end of this guide, you’ll learn how to plan your meetings on Zoom whether you’re using the mobile, web, or desktop app. Without further ado, let’s get started.
How to schedule your meetings in Zoom
If you want to plan your online meetings ahead of time, you can choose to schedule them on Zoom. In this way, you can give the participants some time to prepare or confirm if they can attend.
You can schedule meetings whether you’re using the Zoom desktop, web, or mobile client. Follow our step-by-step tutorials below to learn how to do it from all three versions.
On the web app:
- After signing in to the Zoom web app, click My Account on the upper-right side of your screen.
- Click “Schedule a meeting” on the top-right side of your screen.
- Fill up the meeting details such as the topic, description, duration, and schedule.
- Once you finish finalizing the options and other information, tap the Save button to confirm the schedule.
Aside from adding the date and time for your meeting, you can also add a password to make it more secure. With this feature, you can minimize the possibility of unauthorized people joining your virtual conference.
On the desktop app:
- After launching the Zoom desktop app and signing in to your account, click the Schedule option on your screen.
- Add the topic, start time, and duration of the meeting.
- You can also add a password, change the video settings, choose a calendar, and modify some of the advanced options.
- After finalizing all the meeting details, click the Save button to confirm your decision.
If you’re using the Google Calendar for your meeting schedule, you need to allow Zoom to connect with your Google account. The app needs special permissions to view and edit your Calendar.
On the mobile app:
- After opening and signing in to the Zoom mobile app, head to your Meet & Chat tab.
- Tap the Schedule option below the search bar.
- Change the basic meeting details, including its topic, schedule, and time zone.
- You can scroll down to change the security features and other options of your meeting.
- After finalizing everything, tap Done on the upper-right corner of the page to save the changes.
You can view all your schedules by heading to the Meetings tab on your app. On that page, you can start your meetings immediately, edit their schedules, or delete them entirely.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to schedule on Zoom, you can go ahead and plan your meetings hours, days, or weeks before the designated date. In this way, you can inform the invitees early and give them ample time to prepare.
Always remember that you can cancel, edit, or start your meetings any time you want. You can find all of your schedules in the Meetings tab on your app.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, hit the bookmark button, and visit us regularly for our daily posts and updates.