How To Save Photos On Signal
Last Updated: December 2, 2021
Did someone send you a nice image or video on Signal? Do you want to save the media file on your device? If so, you can download it whether you’re on your phone or computer. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how.
Aside from sending messages, emojis, and stickers to a conversation, you can also share photos and videos with your contacts on the app. You can also receive these types of files from other people you meet on the app.
All media shared to a conversation stays there unless you delete the message on your end. Also, you can download the photos and videos shared on the app to save a copy on your device.
Whether you receive a funny meme or a video clip from one of your chats, you can save them on your device whenever you want. Follow our guide below, and we’ll cover the steps you need to know in order to do so.
How to save media files from your conversation on Signal
If you want a copy of photos and images shared on your Signal chat, you can download and save them on your device. You can download media attachments one by one or save multiple items in one go, whether you’re using Signal on your phone or computer.
In our step-by-step tutorials below, we’ll show you how to view all media in one of your conversations and how to save them.
On your Android device:
- Open Signal on your phone and sign in to your account.
- Head to one of your conversations and tap the three dots icon on the top right corner of the chat.
- On the menu that appears, tap “All media.”
- Tap and hold on to one of the images or videos shared in the conversation to select it.
- Tap the Save option at the bottom of your screen to download the selected items.
Alternatively, you can open a photo or image within the conversation or media viewer, tap the three dots icon, and select Save from the menu. Always remember that you can select and save multiple items at once from the chat.
You can also navigate to Settings > Data and Storage > Manage storage > Review storage to view media files from all your chats. From there, you can select images or videos and save them on your device.
After saving the image or video from Signal, you can open your Gallery or Photos app to check the media file.
On your desktop:
- Open the Signal desktop app and connect your account by scanning the QR code on the screen.
- Head to one of your conversations, click the drop-down arrow on the right side of the header, and select “View recent media” from the menu.
- Under the media tab, select the file you want to save and click the download icon on the top right side of the viewer.
- Choose where to save the file to confirm your decision.
You can also select an image or video within the conversation and download it from the media viewer.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to download media files from Signal, you can save photos and videos you receive from your group or private conversations on the app. In this way, you can have a copy of the media even if you delete the chat history in the future.
Please note that other users can also save the files you share with them on Signal. As such, we recommend that you exercise caution when sending sensitive photos or videos to other people.
That’s it! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and browse our latest posts and updates.