How To Save Messages On Slack
Last Updated: September 7, 2021
Do you have important messages or files on Slack that you need to check from time to time? Do you want to save them on your account so that you can find them faster in the future? In any case, all you have to do is follow our quick guide below. We’ll show you how to save your messages on your Slack workspace.
In Slack, there are times when people chat too frequently on channels and DMs. When that happens, you might find it difficult to locate important messages and files on the conversation.
Thankfully, Slack allows you to save messages and files on your workspace. As such, you can bookmark these items on your workspace so that you can come back to them at a later time.
For those who are new to Slack, here’s our quick guide on how to save items on the app. Without further ado, let’s get started.
How to keep track of messages and files on Slack
If you want to bookmark messages and files on your Slack channels and DMs, you can add them to your saved items. In this way, you can go back to the message without browsing the conversation manually or using the search bar.
You can save messages and files on Slack on their mobile, desktop, and web app. Follow our step-by-step tutorials below, and we’ll show you everything you need to know.
On your computer:
- Launch the Slack desktop or web browser app and sign in to your workspace.
- Open one of your channels or DMs where you want to save a message.
- Hover on one of the messages and click More actions (three dots icon) on the right.
- On the menu that appears on your screen, click “Add to saved items.” Alternatively, you can press A on your keyboard after opening the actions menu.
After saving your first message or file on Slack, the “Saved items” option appears on the top of your sidebar on the left. If you click on it, you’ll see all your saved items from your conversations on the workspace.
To remove a saved message or file, navigate to “Saved items,” hover on the one you want to remove, click More actions (three dots icon), and select “Remove from saved items.”
On the mobile app:
- Launch Slack from on your device and sign in to your account.
- Open one of your workspaces and go to the conversation where you want to save a message.
- Browse the conversation and hold on to the message you want to save.
- Once the options appear from the bottom of your screen, select “Add to Saved Items.”
To view all your saved items on Slack for mobile, navigate to the “You” tab on the app and select “Saved items.” Open the message or file you want to manage and select More actions (three dots icon) to access the options available.
Please note that saved items on Slack are only visible to you. Also, you can view all your saved messages and files on any device, whether you used the feature on the mobile, desktop, or web app.
Bookmarking items on Slack
Now that you know how to save your messages and files on Slack, you can now bookmark important items so that you can come back for them in the future. Like we mentioned earlier, you can view all your saved items in Slack whether you’re using it on your phone or desktop.
That’s all we have on us! For more useful tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our site frequently and check our daily posts and updates.