How To Restrict Voice Messages On Telegram
Last Updated: August 15, 2022
Do you want to stop your contacts or other users on Telegram from sending you voice messages? Or do you want to allow only a few to do so? If that’s the case, you can change your privacy settings and restrict users from sending you voice messages on the app. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll teach you how to do it from your phone or computer.
In Telegram, users can customize their privacy settings and choose which users can check their online status, call them, add them to groups, and other stuff. By subscribing to Telegram premium, you get more options to protect yourself from other users on the app.
One of the new features included in the premium subscription allows people to choose who can send them voice messages on the app. Like other privacy options, users can add exceptions to their settings to allow some people to override the rule they set on their accounts.
Here’s our guide about restricting voice messages on Telegram.
How to prevent other users from sending you voice messages on Telegram
If you don’t want your contacts or other users on Telegram to send you voice messages, you can update your privacy settings on the app. You can choose to restrict everyone or only allow your contacts to send you voice messages.
You can change your voice message privacy settings whether you’re using Telegram on your computer or phone. Follow our step-by-step tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
Note: Changing your voice message privacy settings is only available to users subscribed to Telegram premium.
On your phone:
- Launch Telegram from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the hamburger icon on the top left side of the chats list and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Scroll down to the Settings section and select “Privacy and Security.”
- Select “Voice Messages” under the Privacy section.
- Choose the people who can send you voice messages and tap the check icon on the top right to save the changes.
That’s how you change your voice message privacy settings from the Telegram app for Android. If you ever change your mind, you can always update your settings whenever you want.
On your computer:
- Open the Telegram desktop or web app and sign in to your account.
- Click the hamburger icon on the top left side of the chats list and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Open your Privacy and Security options.
- Click “Voice messages” under the Privacy section.
- Choose who can send you voice messages and click Save on the bottom right part of the window to confirm your decision.
You can add expectations to your voice message privacy settings to allow some users to override your preferences.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to change your voice message privacy settings, you can restrict people from sending you voice messages on Telegram. Always remember that this option is only available to users who subscribe to Telegram premium.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently and read our latest posts and updates.