How To Restrict Someone On Instagram
Last Updated: March 8, 2022
Is someone bothering you on Instagram? Do you want to ignore the person’s messages without blocking their account? If so, you can restrict the person’s account instead. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to use the restrict feature on someone’s account on Instagram.
Instagram gives its users a couple of features to protect themselves from other users on the app. For example, you can block someone to prevent them to check your profile, viewing your stories, and contacting you through messages.
However, we understand that there might be instances where you don’t prefer to block someone but want to ignore their messages. Thankfully, Instagram allows you to “restrict” accounts to ignore their messages on the app.
Here’s how to restrict someone on Instagram.
How to ignore someone’s messages on Instagram
If you don’t want someone’s messages to appear on your Instagram chats, you have the option to restrict their account. When you restrict someone, all messages you receive from their account go to your message requests instead of your chats list.
You can restrict accounts on Instagram whether you’re on your phone or desktop. We’ll show you how to do so below.
On your phone:
- Open the Instagram app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap your profile icon on the bottom right corner of the app and check your followers or following.
- Open someone’s profile and tap the three dots icon on the top right corner of the page.
- On the menu that appears on your screen, select the “Restrict” option.
- Tap the “Restrict account” button at the bottom of your screen to confirm your decision.
That’s how you restrict accounts on the Instagram mobile app for Android. The app moves your chat to your message requests so that you can ignore new messages you receive from the restricted user.
On the Instagram web app:
- Head to someone’s profile page and click the three dots icon on the upper right side of the page.
- On the pop-up window that appears on your screen, select the red “Restrict” option.
- Click “Restrict account” to confirm your decision.
With the help of the restrict feature on Instagram, you can limit interactions with people you meet on the app without blocking their accounts. When you check chats from restricted users, they won’t see that you’ve read their messages.
In addition, you can control whether other users can see comments from restricted users or not. Also, you won’t receive any notifications from restricted users when they message you.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to restrict someone on Instagram, you can limit your interactions with the user without blocking their account. Always remember that restricted users can still see your posts or stories on the app unless you hide them manually.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.