How To Remove Someone From Your Notion Workspace
Last Updated: November 8, 2022
Do you want to manage the members and other owners within your workspace? Do you want to kick out inactive or unwanted members from your collaboration space? If that’s the case, you can manage your members and remove the ones you no longer need. Check our step-by-step guide below to learn how.
If you’re working with a Team or Enterprise plan in Notion, you can add more people to help you in your workspace. As such, you can use the app to collaborate with your team on a project online.
However, we understand that there might be situations where you need to remove someone from your workspace. If you’re an owner, you have permission to invite and remove members from your workspace.
Here’s our guide about removing people from your Notion workspace.
How to kick a workspace member or owner on Notion
If someone you don’t want a member from accessing your workspace on Notion anymore, you have the option to kick them. As long as you’re a workspace owner, you have permission to manage its members and remove other users.
You can manage and remove workspace members whether you’re using the Notion desktop, web, or mobile app. Follow our tutorials below to learn how.
On your computer:
- Open the Notion desktop or web app and sign in to your account.
- Click “Settings & members” on the sidebar.
- Click the permission level on the right of the member that you want to kick and select “Remove from workspace” on the menu.
- Click “Remove” from the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
That’s how you remove users from your workspace on the Notion web and desktop app. If you ever change your mind, you can always invite people to join back in your workspace.
On your phone:
- Open Notion on your device and sign in to your account.
- Tap More options (three dots icon) on the top right corner and select “Members” from the menu. Alternatively, you can scroll down to the bottom of the current page and tap the Members option.
- Tap the permission level on the right side of the member that you want to kick.
- Select the “Remove from workspace” option.
- Tap the Remove option on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
Please note that only owners have permission to manage and remove other people from the workspace. If you’re a member, you can only leave the workspace behind.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to manage your workspace members, you can now remove the users that you no longer need on the app. In this way, you can keep your collaboration space safe from unwanted people.
That’s everything we have in our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.