How To Remove Someone From A Telegram Group
Last Updated: March 22, 2021
Do you want to kick someone from your Telegram group? Or do you want to clean it up and remove unwanted or inactive members? Either way, we’re here to help you. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how to delete a member from your group on Telegram. Whether you’re using your phone or computer, we got you covered.
In Telegram, users can start a group with their friends, family, or workmates. Each one you create can hold up to 200,000 members, including yourself.
By default, any member can invite more people to join their group. As such, there are times where the chat gets populated with individuals that you don’t know.
Fortunately, admins and the group owner can remove any member from the chat. But if you’re having some trouble in kicking group participants, here’s a quick guide for you.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
How to delete a member in your Telegram group
As long as you’re the owner or an admin of a Telegram group, you have the authority to kick any other individual from the chat. In this way, you can remove unwanted individuals from seeing the messages and participating in the discussion.
Whether you’re using Telegram on your phone or computer, you can easily remove someone from a group. Follow our tutorials below to learn how to do it from both.
On your phone:
- Launch the Telegram app from your home screen or app drawer.
- On your list of recent chats, open one of the groups that you want to manage.
- Tap the header on the chat window to open your group information page.
- On the member’s section, tap and hold on the one you want to remove.
- Once the options show up on your screen, select “Remove from group” and confirm your decision.
On the other hand, you can also click the Edit icon on your group options and navigate to the Members page. From there, you can manage your group members and remove them if needed.
On your computer:
- Launch the Telegram desktop app and make sure to sign-in to your account.
- On the left side of your screen, open the group chat you want to manage.
- Check the Group Info window on the right side of your screen. If it isn’t currently visible, click on the icon on our screenshot below.
- Under the Members section, hover on the one you want to remove and click the ‘X‘ icon.
Alternatively, you can right-click on the member and select “Remove from group” on the options that show up.
- Once the pop-up appears on your screen, click Remove to confirm your decision.
You can also navigate to More options (three-dot icon) > Manage group > Members to kick someone from your chat. You’ll see a “Remove” option beside each member’s name.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to remove someone from a Telegram group, you can kick unwanted and inactive people from participating in the chat. When you do, they won’t be able to see future messages and discussions in the group.
To prevent other members from inviting more people to join the group, you can choose to change the member’s permissions on your group settings. In this way, only you or the admins can add more people.
That’s everything we have on our guide. For more tips, tricks, and tutorials from us, visit us regularly to check our latest posts and updates.