How To Remove Someone From A Space On Google Chat
Last Updated: May 16, 2022
Do you want to kick out someone from your space on Google Chat? Is the user inactive and can’t leave on their own? In any case, you have the permission to manage members as the space manager. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how to remove space members on Google Chat.
In Google Chat, users can create “spaces” to create places for collaboration on the app. Within a space, users can assign tasks, share files, and send messages to other members.
When you’re the manager, you have full permission and authority over the space. As such, you have the option to remove unwanted or inactive users from the conversation.
Here’s our guide about removing workspace members from a space you manage on Google Chat
How to remove a user from one of your spaces on Google Chat
If you have an inactive member of your space in Google Chat, you have the option to remove them from the conversation. As the space manager, you have permission to manage all its members and kick out the ones you no longer need from the chat.
You can remove users from spaces, whether you’re using Google Chat on your desktop or mobile device. We’ll cover all the steps you need to know in our guide below.
On your phone:
- Launch Google Chat from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Head to the Spaces tab and open the one you want to manage.
- Tap the space’s name on the header.
- Head to the Members section, tap the three dots icon beside one of the members, and select the “Remove from space” option from the menu.
- Select the Remove option on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
When you remove someone from a space, they won’t be able to participate in the conversation or view its contents in the future. If you ever change your mind, you can always add the person back to the space that you manage.
On your desktop:
- Go to Google Chat on your preferred browser and sign in to your account.
- Open the space that you want to manage and tap its name on the header.
- Select “View members” from the menu.
- Tap the three dots icon beside one of the members and select the “Remove from space” option from the menu.
You can only remove a member if you’re the manager of the space. However, other members can leave the conversation voluntarily whenever they want.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to manage the members of a space in Google Chat, you can remove the ones you no longer need in the conversation. Please remember that you can always add a user back to space in case you change your mind.
That’s everything we have on our guide! If you want more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.