How To Remove Someone From A Group On WhatsApp
Last Updated: December 8, 2021
Did someone suddenly join your group on WhatsApp? Or is some causing a disturbance in the conversation? In any case, you can kick them out of the group to remove them from the chat. In our quick guide below, we’ll show you how.
In WhatsApp, users can create or join group conversations to communicate with their friends in a single chat. As long as you invite someone or give them the QR code, they can participate in the chat as soon as possible.
However, there are times when unwanted people join the group to annoy or disturb the chat. Thankfully, the admins of the group can manage its members and remove anyone they want.
If you’re having trouble looking for the option to manage your group, don’t worry since we’re here to help. Here’s our guide about removing participants from your group on WhatsApp.
How to kick out people from a group on WhatsApp
If someone is causing a disturbance on your WhatsApp group, you can kick them out whenever you want. As long as you’re an admin of a group, you can manage its members and remove inactive or unwanted people from the conversation.
You can remove people from a WhatsApp group whether you’re using the desktop or mobile app. Follow our step-by-step tutorials below to learn how.
On the WhatsApp Android app:
- After launching the app, open one of the group chats that you want to manage.
- Tap the three dots icon on the upper right corner of the chat and select “Group info” on the menu.
- Scroll down to the participants section and tap the user you want to remove from the group.
- On the pop-up window that appears, tap the remove option and confirm your decision.
That’s how you kick out users from a group on WhatsApp. If you ever change your mind, you can always invite people back to the conversation.
If you can’t find the option to remove group participants, you might not have permission to manage the group. When that happens, you can ask one of the admins for help.
On the WhatsApp desktop app:
- After connecting to your account, open one of your group chats and tap its icon or name on the header to open the group information sidebar.
- Scroll down to the participants section, hover your mouse to one of the participants, and click the drop-down arrow.
- On the menu that appears, click Remove and confirm your decision.
Always remember that you can remove people from a group as long as you’re an admin. If you want to delete the group, you need to remove everyone else and leave it afterward.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to remove people from your WhatsApp group, you can kick out the ones you don’t want to participate in the conversation. As an admin, you can remove anyone you want from the chat.
Always remember that you can always add removed users back to a group conversation if you ever change your mind.
That’s everything we have on our guide! If you want more tips and tutorials from us, check our latest posts and updates.