How To Remove A Contact On GroupMe
Last Updated: August 29, 2022
Did you accidentally add someone as a contact on GroupMe? Do you want to organize your contacts and remove the ones you don’t personally know from the list? In any case, you can manage your contacts and remove users that you don’t want on the list. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll teach you the steps to do so.
When you invite someone to a group on GroupMe (or vice versa), they’ll appear on your contacts list on the app. In this way, you can immediately find them for a chat even when you’re only sharing a group on the app.
As you join or create more groups with your account, you’ll find your contacts filled with a lot of different users on the app. Although most people don’t mind a populated contacts list, we understand that some of you want to keep that section of the app organized.
Thankfully, you can remove users from your contacts list without cutting off conversations or groups with the person. Here’s our guide about deleting people from your contacts in GroupMe.
How to delete one of your contacts in GroupMe
If you want to organize and clean up your contacts on GroupMe, you can remove the ones you no longer need from the list. Removing someone from your contacts still allows you to chat with the person, but they won’t appear on the contacts list.
You can remove a contact whether you’re using GroupMe on your phone or desktop. Check our step-by-step tutorials below, and we’ll show you every step of the way.
On your phone:
- Open GroupMe on your device and sign in to your account.
- Tap the Profile icon on the bottom right corner of the app.
- Select Contacts from the options that appear on your screen.
- Tap one of the contacts on the list and select “Remove contact” from the menu.
- Tap “Remove” from the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
Once you remove someone from your contacts, you can still exchange messages with the person. However, they won’t appear on your contacts list in the future.
On your computer:
- Open the GroupMe Windows app and sign in to your account.
- Click the Contacts icon located on the sidebar on the left side of the app.
- Click one of your contacts on the list and click “Remove Contact” among the options that appear on your screen.
- Click the Remove option on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
If you ever change your mind, you can add someone back to your contacts by using their share code on the app.
Please note that you can also remove a contact from the GroupMe web app. The steps are pretty much the same as the Windows app.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to manage your contacts on GroupMe, you can now remove the users you don’t need from the list. In this way, you can delete inactive users and people you don’t personally know from your contacts.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.