How To Rejoin A Group In GroupMe
Last Updated: September 22, 2022
Do you want to join a group you’ve once left on GroupMe? Did you voluntarily leave a group on your own but suddenly change your mind? If so, you can rejoin groups from the archive section of your app. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how.
In GroupMe, leaving a group isn’t permanent. When you leave a group chat, you can find it in the archives section of the app, where you can choose to rejoin when you want.
As long as you didn’t get removed from the group as you’re leaving it, you always have the option to rejoin. However, you might need to request access to join if the current admin changed the group’s privacy settings.
Here’s our guide about rejoining a group on GroupMe.
How to rejoin an existing group in GroupMe
If you want to rejoin a group you’ve voluntarily left on GroupMe, you can do so as long as the conversation is still active. However, you’ll need an invitation to rejoin a group if someone removed you from the chat.
You can rejoin existing groups whether you’re using GroupMe on your phone or computer. In our tutorials below, we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your phone:
- Launch GroupMe from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the profile icon at the bottom right corner of the app.
- Open your chat archives.
- Head to the “Groups you left” tab, tap More options (three dots icon) on one of the groups, and select “Rejoin” from the menu.
- Tap “Rejoin Group” on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
That’s how you rejoin groups from the GroupMe Android app. Please note that you can’t rejoin groups where you’ve been kicked out.
On your computer:
- Launch the GroupMe Windows app and sign in to your account.
- Click the Archives icon on the sidebar located on the left side of the app.
- Go to the “Groups you left” tab, click More options (three dots icon) on one of the groups, and select “Rejoin Group” from the menu.
- Select “Rejoin” on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
If the current admin of the group enabled the “Request to join” feature on the chat, you might need to request permission to rejoin the group.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to rejoin groups in GroupMe, you can now participate in your old conversations again. Always remember that you can’t rejoin conversations where someone removed you from the chat unless they invite you back.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.