How To Record Video Clips On Slack
Last Updated: November 9, 2021
Do you want to record your screen or with your camera and share them on Slack? If that’s the case, you can record video clips and send them to channels and DMs on your workspace. In our quick guide below, we’ll show you how to use the record video option on Slack.
In Slack workspaces subscribed to a premium plan, members can record video clips and send them to channels and DMs on the app. You can use this feature to share ideas and information that you can explain best through a video.
By sending video clips, members of the conversation can play them whenever they want. They can also use captions while watching the video and check its transcript.
With that in mind, here’s our guide about sharing video clips on Slack.
How to share recorded video clips on Slack
If you want to share your screen or ideas without hosting a call or huddle, you can opt to record a video clip and share them with channels and DMs on Slack. After sharing the recording, participants of the conversation can play it on their app.
You can record clips whether you’re using Slack on your computer or mobile device. In our tutorials below, we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
Note: Sharing video clips are only available to premium plan users.
On your desktop:
- Launch the Slack desktop app or visit their web browser client and sign in to your workspace.
- Head to the channel or DM where you want to share a video clip.
- Click the video camera icon on the message field.
- On the window that appears on your screen, hit the Record button to start the recording. You can also scroll down and share your screen instead of using your camera.
- Click Stop to finish recording your video clip.
- Click Done on the bottom right corner of the window to add the clip to the message field. If you want a copy, hit the Download option before clicking Done.
- Add an optional message above the clip, and hit the Send button to share the recording to the channel or DM.
Aside from recording your screen or with your camera, you can opt to upload video clips instead. As such, you can record with third-party apps and upload them to the conversation afterward.
After sharing the recording to the channel or DM, any channel member can play it whenever they want, with captions or not.
On the Slack mobile app:
- After signing in to your workspace, head to the channel or DM where you want to share a video clip.
- Tap the message field at the bottom of the conversation.
- Once the options appear, tap the camera icon.
- Hit the red button to start recording and hit stop when you finish. You can tap the camera icon to switch between your front and rear camera.
- Check the video clip and click Next on the bottom right corner.
- Add an optional message above the recording and hit the Send button to share the clip to the conversation.
That’s how you record clips on the Slack mobile app. Like we mentioned earlier, you can only use the video recording feature if your workspace has a premium plan.
If you don’t need to use your camera, you opt to record an audio clip instead. All you have to do is click the microphone icon on the message field to start recording.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to record video on Slack, you can share clips taken with a camera or on your screen to channels and DMs on your workspace. If you no longer need a clip on the conversation, you can delete it if you have permission to do so.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips and tutorials from us, visit our site and read our latest posts and updates.