How To Record An Audio Clip On Slack
Last Updated: November 8, 2021
Do you want to share ideas and updates with other members of your Slack workspace through audio? If so, you can record audio clips and share them on channels and DMs in your workspace. As such, you can share topics and ideas that you can’t explain properly through a message. Follow our guide below, and we’ll teach you how to record and send audio clips on Slack.
In Slack, you can call other workspace members to share ideas and information much easier. However, there are times when the conversation participants are not available for a meeting.
Thankfully, Slack allows its premium plan users to record and send audio clips on channels and DMs on the app. You can use this feature to share ideas or to greet fellow conversation participants.
With that in mind, here’s our guide about recording and sharing audio clips on Slack.
How to send recorded audio clips on your Slack channels
If you have something to say to your team that you can’t explain through a message, you can opt to record an audio clip and share them with a channel. In this way, you don’t need to always host emergency meetings or calls to share information on Slack.
You can record and share audio clips on the Slack app on your phone or desktop. In our tutorials below, we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
Note: Recording audio clips are only available to premium plans on Slack.
On your computer:
- Open the Slack desktop or web app and log in to your workspace.
- Head to the channel or DM where you want to share an audio clip.
- Click the microphone icon below the message field to start the recording.
- Record the audio and click the check icon to end the recording. If you want to cancel, hit the “X” icon instead.
- Click the Send button on the bottom right of the conversation to share the audio clip to the channel or DM. You can also add a short message alongside your recording before sending it.
After sharing the audio clip to the conversation, all the participants can play it on their app. If you no longer need the recording, you can delete it if you have permission to do so.
On the Slack mobile app:
- After signing in to your account, head to the channel or DM where you want to share an audio clip.
- Tap the message field at the bottom of the conversation.
- Tap and hold on to the microphone icon to start recording audio. Release your finger to stop the recording.
- Add an optional message alongside the audio clip and tap the Send button to share the file to the conversation.
That’s how you share audio clips on your channels and DMs. Like we mentioned earlier, this feature is available only to paid plans on Slack.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to record audio clips on Slack, you can send ideas and greetings to conversations with the help of your microphone. As such, there’s no need for you to send long messages every time you want to share something interesting.
That’s it! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials from us, visit our page regularly and browse our daily posts and updates.