How To Record A Group Video Chat On Telegram
Last Updated: May 31, 2022
Do you want to document a meeting or video call on Telegram? Do you want to record only the audio, or do you want to include the video during a group call? In any case, you can record your group video chats and broadcasts on Telegram. Check our step-by-step guide below, and we’ll cover the things you should know.
In Telegram, users can start video calls in the group chats that they manage. As an admin, you can record your calls for documentation or if you need them in the future.
With the help of the recording option, you can save a copy of your video chats for the people who missed them. You can also use it as a reference in case you need the discussion for your work or project.
Here’s our guide about recording group video calls on Telegram.
How to record a video call on Telegram
If you want a copy of your group video chat for documentation, you can record the call for everyone who missed it. You can choose to record both the video and audio during a call or only the audio.
You can record calls on your groups, whether you’re using Telegram on your phone or desktop. In our tutorials below, we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your phone:
- Launch Telegram from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Open one of your group chats and start a video call.
- Tap the three dots icon on the video call section.
- Once the menu appears on your screen, select the “Start recording” option.
- Choose the type of recording and tap the “Start recording” button. You can choose the video orientation for the recording or only save the audio.
- Name the recording file and tap Start on the pop-up window.
That’s how you record your group video chats on the Telegram mobile app. Once you end your broadcast or finish the recording, you can find the file in your Saved Messages folder.
On your computer:
- Open the Telegram desktop app and link your account.
- Go to one of your groups and start a video chat.
- Click the three dots icon on the video call window and select “Start recording” from the menu.
- Choose whether to include the video in the recording or not. Click Continue at the bottom of the window.
- Name the recording and click Start.
As you start recording, a red dot appears beside the title of your call or broadcast. When you end a recording, the app automatically saves a copy of the file to your Saved Messages folder.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to record video calls on Telegram, you can save your group meetings, discussions, or regular calls in case you need them in the future. Everyone participating in the video chat will know when someone is recording the call.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently and read our latest posts and updates.