How To Promote Someone As An Admin Of Your WhatsApp Community
Last Updated: December 1, 2022
Do you need help managing your community on WhatsApp? Do you want more people to help you control the members or send announcements on your behalf? In any case, you can promote one of the members to an admin of your community on WhatsApp. Follow our guide below, and we’ll teach you the steps to do so.
If you have a community on WhatsApp with just a few groups and members, there’s probably no problem handling all the administrative tasks on your own. However, that’s not the case in a busy and populous community with a lot of events, announcements, and members.
Thankfully, you can promote members to admins to help you manage the community on your behalf. In this way, you won’t spend a lot of time managing the members, sending announcements, and keeping the whole community safe.
With the help of a few admins, you can make light work of everything you need to do within the community. Here’s our guide about promoting community members to admins on WhatsApp.
How to make a member an admin for your community on WhatsApp
If you need some help in managing your community on WhatsApp, you can promote one of its members to an admin. Community admins can send announcements, edit the community info, and have permission to use other administrative tools.
You can promote members to community admins whether you’re using WhatsApp on your computer or mobile device. We’ll cover all the steps you need to know on both devices in our tutorials below.
On your phone:
- Launch WhatsApp from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Head to the Community section by clicking its icon beside the Chats tab.
- Open the community that you want to manage.
- Tap More options (three dots icon) on the top right corner and select “View members” from the menu.
- Tap one of the members that you want to promote and select “Make admin” from the menu.
- Tap “OK” on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
Community admins have various administrative permissions, including managing groups, members, and other admins. Make sure that you promote only the people that you trust to handle your community.
On your computer:
- Visit the WhatsApp web client or open their desktop app and link your account.
- Click the Community icon on the top of the sidebar.
- Open the community that you want to manage and select the “View members” option.
- Select one of the members and choose the “Make admin” option from the menu.
- Click the “OK” button to confirm your decision.
Although admins have multiple permissions to manage your community, they can’t deactivate it by themselves. Only the creator of the community has the power to disable it and unlink all of the groups.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to promote admins for your community on WhatsApp, you can now get more people to help you with administrative tasks for your group. As such, you won’t spend much time managing your community on the app.
That’s everything we have in our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.