How To Prevent Community Members From Sending Messages On Viber
Last Updated: December 22, 2022
Are you seeing a lot of spam messages in your community on Viber? Do you want to stop regular community members from sending messages to the chat to lessen the spam? If that’s the case, you can change the writing permissions for the regular members of the chat. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
By default, community members can send messages to the chat whenever they want. As such, anyone can start discussions in the community easily.
However, we understand that there are situations where you want to control the number of messages coming through the chat to prevent spam. If you want to prevent regular members from posting messages to the community, you can manage the member privileges for the chat.
Here’s our guide about managing member privileges for a community on Viber.
How to stop community members from sharing messages and links on Viber
If you’re seeing a lot of spam messages in your community on Viber, you can manage the member privileges and stop regular members from sharing messages and links on the chat. In this way, only admins and Superadmins can send messages for everyone to see.
You can manage member privileges from the Viber desktop or mobile app. We’ll cover the steps to do so from both app versions in our tutorials below.
On your phone:
- Launch the Viber app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Head to the Chats tab and open the community that you want to manage.
- Tap More options (three dots icon) on the top right corner and select “Community info” from the menu.
- Tap “Member privileges” from the menu that appears on your screen.
- Toggle the “Can send messages” option under the All Other Members section and tap “Disable” from the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
- Toggle the “Can send links” option and tap the Disable option on the pop-up window.
That’s how you prevent other members from sending messages and links to your community on Viber. If you want to allow selected members to share messages, you can promote them to an admin.
On your computer:
- Open the Viber desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Browse the Chats tab and open the community that you want to manage.
- Check the sidebar on the right of the conversation and select “Manage Privileges” from the menu.
- Click the “Can send messages” option under the “All other members” section and click “Disable” on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
- Toggle the “Can send links” option and click Disable on the window that appears on your screen to confirm your decision.
Regular community admins won’t be able to change the member privileges for the chat. Only Superadmins can change the writing permission for other members of the community.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to manage member privileges for a community on Viber, you can now disable writing permissions for regular members of the chat. In this way, only community admins can share messages, keeping the chat organized.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.