How To Play Music On Discord
Last Updated: May 11, 2021
Do you want to listen to music with your friends on Discord? Or do you want to play one to your voice channels to make them more fun and lively? Either way, we’re here to offer our help. In our guide below, we’ll teach you how to use the most convenient bot to play music on Discord.
There are different ways to play music to your Discord server. You can choose to connect your Spotify account to the app to stream music from the platform.
Aside from that, you can also use bots, which are convenient and much easier to use. With the help of the Groovy bot on Discord, you can play music to voice channels where everyone inside can listen.
In our guide below, we’ll teach you how to add the Groovy bot to your servers on Discord. After doing so, we’ll show you the basic commands you can use to play and queue music in your current voice channel.
How to add the Groovy bot on your Discord server
Groovy is a bot that you can add to a server in Discord to play some music to a voice channel. By entering a few commands on the general text channel, you can queue or play music from YouTube, Spotify, and other platforms.
However, please note that you can’t choose the streaming platform you prefer. Once you enter a command, Groovy will query the music platforms with your metadata to get the track you need.
Here’s how to add the bot to your server:
- Using your preferred web browser, open the Discord web client and sign in to your account.
- Visit the Groovy web page and click the “Add to Discord” button.
- Select a server and click Continue.
- Authorize the bot to confirm your decision.
Please note that you can only add Groovy to a server if you have permission to manage it. You’ll also need to give Administrative privileges to the bot for it to work.
How to play music on Discord using Groovy
Now that you connected Groovy to one of your servers, it’s time to learn how to use the bot to play or queue music to a voice channel. With the help of a few commands, anyone on the server can use the bot to stream from different music platforms right away.
You can use and play music through the Groovy app on your servers whether you’re using the desktop or mobile app. Follow our step-by-step tutorials below to learn how to do it from both.
On the mobile app:
- Go to one of your servers and tap on a voice channel.
- Once the options appear at the bottom part of your screen, tap the “Join Voice” button.
- Open the general text channel of the current server.
- Type “/play” on the text field, add the name of the song you want to play (you can include the artist as well), and send the command.
Once you hit the send button, Groovy will query your request through different music platforms and play it through the voice channel if possible.
On the desktop or web app:
- Open a server by clicking its icon on the left side of your screen, and join one of its voice channels.
- Open the general text channel on the current server.
- Type “/play” on the text chat window, add the name of the music you want to play (you can include the artist as well), and press Enter.
Using the “/play” command while playing music adds your song request to a queue. If you want to view all the ones lined up to play, enter the “/queue” command.
On the other hand, you can enter “/clear” to remove all queued music so that you can start over. You can visit Groovy’s command list to learn more features you can use.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to add Groovy on Discord, you can go ahead and listen to music with your friends online. You can use songs to add some background audio to your voice channels or make them more fun and lively.
That’s everything we have on our guide about playing music on Discord. Always remember that you can also use Spotify to stream songs and vibe with your friends.
If you want more tips, tricks, and tutorials, hit the bookmark button, and visit us regularly for our daily posts and updates.