How To Play Music From Phone On Google Home
Last Updated: November 5, 2019
Google Home is an amazing smart speaker that allows you to play music from different music services like Spotify, YouTube, Google Play, Pandora, iHeart Radio, and TuneIn. You can also play your favorite music, podcasts, and playlists from your phone on Google Home.
Before you connect your phone on Google Home, here are some things that you should take note:
- Android audio casting is only applicable to Android 4.4 or higher;
- Turn off “Power Saving Mode” in your Android as this might affect the audio casting; and
- Authorize Google app to use “Microphone.” This will allow you to use the “Cast Audio” feature of Google.
Here is how you can turn on your “Microphone” on Google Play Services.
- Go to Android “Settings.”
- Look for Apps.
- Select “Google Play Services.”
- Go to “Permissions.”
- Search for “Microphone” and turn on.
Playing music on Google Home is just easy. Here are the following steps:
- Connect your phone on Wi-Fi.
Note: Make sure that the Wi-Fi network used in Google Home is also the same with your Android device.
- Look for the “Google Home App” on your phone.
- Select “Account.”
- Click “Mirror Device” and select “Cast Audio.”
- Choose your Google Home.
- Now you can start playing your favorite music from your phone on Google Home.
If you no longer want to cast music from your mobile device, don’t worry. It’s easy, just follow the steps below:
- Using the notification drawer
- Look for Android Audio notification from your notification drawer; and
- Just click “Disconnect.”
- Using the Google Home app
- Open your “Google Home app”;
- Look for “Account”;
- Select “Mirror Device”; and
- Click “Disconnect.”
Google Home is simply amazing! Aside from playing music from your Android phone, you can also make calls, read the news, change volume, cook with instructions, find a date, pair with a Bluetooth speaker, and a lot more.
Anyway, we mentioned earlier that you can play music from various music services. You may have noticed that Apple Music is not mentioned. If that is your problem, we will discuss the 2 methods on how you can play Apple Music on Google Home.
Play music from your Apple device on Google Home using Bluetooth
- Set up Google Home in your Apple device. This will allow you to play music from iTunes, Apple Music, audible, and personal playlists.
- Pair your Google Home and Apple device. From your apple device, go to “Settings” and look for “Bluetooth.” Search for Google Home you want to pair with.
- Now you can play your Apple Music on Google Home. Take note that once Google Home and Apple device are paired, you can open Apple apps and you can choose music that you wish to play.
Converting Apple Music
The first method is feasible. But it is quite inconvenient, especially that you need a Bluetooth device, plus you can’t control Google Home through voice. You need to play music on Google Home manually. Converting your Apple Music to Google Play Music may be a good remedy.