How To Play Minecraft Chromebook
Last Updated: December 31, 2019
Since four years, guides and blogs follow up to suggest ways to install Chromebook in your system. And, this millennial generation is observed in buying Chromebook just to play Minecraft. The game is popular enough to grab the attention of youngsters. The machines covering the featu,res of Minecraft work well when powered by Intel HD graphics. Intel Graphics has the caliber to run smoothly at a smooth 30FPS for old laptops. If your laptop or any system is much older, all you need to have is a 2GB of RAM with an Intel Pentium or Celeron processor.
Some major sales of the present time that suit this game have been Acer 11, Acer Chromebook 14, Acer Chromebook 15, Lenovo N23, Acer R11, and ASUS Chromebook Flip.
Steps to play Minecraft on a Chromebook
So, here you are already ready to play Minecraft on Chromebook. But before that, all you need to do is enable Developer Mode on your Chromebook. If you do not know how developer mode is enabled, follow this guide to get your answer.
To enable Developer Mode:-
- Copy your personal files to external storage devices that include USB flash drive, SD card, or external hard drive. Even Google Drive works for this matter.
- The second thing you need to do is press ESC+Refresh+Power to reboot your Chromebook.
- Now you can tap CTRL+D to enable Developer Mode. Once you get the message of your documents being erased, don’t panic. You have already backed your things in storage devices.
- It will take 15-20 minutes to reboot the device. When the OS verification is off appeared after reboot, do not enable it. You need the Developer Mode. After waiting for 30 seconds, tap CTRL+D. Chromebook is now ready to be officially entered into Developer Mode.
Guide to install Minecraft on you Chromebook
This part is fun and lengthy. Go and have some water and come back. Make sure whatever you read here; perform the tasks as swiftly you can.
- Firstly get Crouton. You can get the game only if you install Crouton. Other than Chromebook OS, you need Linux to get hundred percent successes. As Linux is free, open-source and popular, it is adapted for powerful uses. Crouton consists of important codes that you would want to include.
- To get down with the Crouton, you have to download it from the Github page. Go ahead and install Crouton. This process can take around 30 minutes. It depends on your internet connectivity.
- When you finish off with the process of installation, the screen will prompt for a username and password. Enter the details and hit enter.
- Once you navigate through the page, you can download the minecraft.net/download to get the Minecraft for Linux. If you do not have one account in Minecraft, you need to purchase one.
- The next step follows the switching back to Linux. This can be performed when Minecraft is being downloaded. You can perform this act by hitting CTRL+ALT+F2, followed by CTRL+ALT+Refresh (F3).
- Once the link opens in Linux, you can follow the lines of code. Be careful of the case.
- Do not insert punctuations that have been added up in the write-up.
- “mkdir mkdir ~/games” and press enter.
- “mkdir ~/games/minecraft” and press enter.
- “mv ~/Downloads/Minecraft.jar ~/games/minecraft” and press enter.
- “sudo apt-get install OpenJDK-6-JRE” and press enter.
- After this gets formulated, select for edit applications. Click games and then follow for ‘new item.’
- A dialog box opens up; type Minecraft and tap click OK.
After Setting Up, launch Minecraft
- Firstly boot your Chromebook.
- Tap CTRL+ALT+T
- Type ‘shell’ and click on enter
- On typing ‘sudo startkde’ and click enter.
- Now you are all ready to open Minecraft, and here you are to enjoy the game.
Minecraft has been an emerging platform for the youngsters to merge their boredom with this exotic game. Launch your Minecraft and depending o the type of your Chromebook, you will have a blast time.
Minecraft is great for young kids and emerging young people. Nowadays, it has turned more popular with the Chromebook. This tutorial is for those who are fans of the game. If you have commands on the game, you can win all the battles. The only thing is while coding, you need to keep the cases in mind so that your coding does not get wrong. Do not over-exercise your fancy techniques. If you fail multiple times, take the help of a professional.