How To Play Among Us With Friends
Last Updated: November 14, 2020
To play with your friends on Among Us, you need to either host a private room or join one through an invitation code. Although the process of creating an online lobby is pretty simple for most users, that might not be the case for people that are new to the game. In any case, we have here a quick guide on how to host a game on Among Us so that you can play with your friends online.
Despite being released two years ago, Among Us only gained its massive popularity recently. Whether it’s due to the streamers or its gameplay that is perfect for a small group of friends, it sits among one of the games on Steam with the most active players every day.
In the game, users play either as an impostor or a crewmate. The latter needs to accomplish a set of tasks to save the ship while the former has to stop their progress and eliminate them. And since players have to guess which user is the impostor, it’s a game full of betrayal and deceit.
While you can always play Among Us with random strangers online, you can enjoy it best with your friends. So if you’re new to the game and are unfamiliar with the process of creating or joining a private room, check out our guide below.
How to play Among Us with your friends online
Although Among Us doesn’t have a friends list feature, users can still play with their friends with a few steps. To play with your buddies online, you can host a game or join a private one hosted by one of your friends.
Host a game
- Launch Among Us on your home screen or app drawer.
- Tap “Online.”
- Enter your desired name.
- Ensure that everyone that you want to invite is in the same region. Change the region options by tapping on the icon at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- On the Host section, tap “Create Game” to create an online lobby.
- Choose the map in which you want to play and adjust other in-game settings such as the number of imposters and players. Tap Confirm to continue creating a lobby.
- Tap Customize to change your avatar and match options. Under the Game tab, you can change the player speed, crewmate vision, kill cooldown, voting time, and more.
For starters, we recommend not to change these settings as you play your first few games. Try to enjoy and test the game with its recommended settings before modifying it to your liking.
- Share the code with your friends so that they can join your lobby. If people are having some trouble entering your room, try to let the other players be the host.
- In case you’re missing a few people to maximize the number of players in the lobby, you can set the room’s visibility to “Public” to let random join your game.
- Once you have at least four players in the lobby, you can go ahead and start the game.
Join a private lobby using a code
You can join your friend’s lobby by entering the code under the Private section when you play online. Make sure to get each character right for you to join the room.
As long as you’re on the same server and you have a stable internet connection, joining a lobby is pretty smooth. However, there are some cases where users can’t enter a room. If this happens to you, let other people create and host a game.
Does Among Us support cross-play between PC and mobile?
Yes, Among US supports cross-platform gameplay, whether you’re on iOS, Android, or PC. As long as you and your friends are in the same region, you can play even if you use different devices.
With that in mind, you and your friends can enjoy the game without anyone without leaving anyone behind.
Can you play Among Us using a local room?
For those that are on the same Wi-Fi network, you can play Among Us through a local lobby. In this way, you don’t have to worry about having a high ping when you play the game.
To access this feature, tap “Local” from the main menu. If you plan to be the host, tap “Create Game.” After creating a room, your friends can join it through the “Available Games” section.
To sum it all up
You can’t deny that Among Us is a game that you can enjoy best with your friends and buddies. While you can always play with random strangers online, it doesn’t beat the feeling of deceiving and backstabbing your friends through the game.
We recommend paring the game with Discord, where you and your friends can talk and shout at each other while figuring out the impostor among your group.
That’s everything we have on our guide about playing Among Us with your friends. For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, don’t forget to bookmark our page and visit us regularly for our daily updates.