How To Pin Messages On Viber
Last Updated: December 12, 2022
Do you want to make sure that your group or community members can read important announcements or polls on Viber? Or do you want to simply remind other chat participants about a message? In any case, you can pin messages at the top of your chats on the app. Check our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
When you have a large group or community on Viber, there might be a lot of exchanges within the chat. With so many replies coming through the conversation, other group members might not be able to see your questions and polls for everyone.
Thankfully, you can pin messages at the top of the chats. With the help of this feature, other group or community members can easily notice your questions and polls for the conversation.
Here’s our guide about pinning messages on Viber.
How to pin a message on top of a Viber chat
If you want an important poll or message to appear on the chat at all times, you can use the pin option. Pinning a message places them at the top of the chat until someone removes it or another one replaces the message.
You can pin messages whether you’re using Viber on your computer or mobile device. In our tutorials below, we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your mobile device:
- Open Viber on your phone and sign in to your account.
- Head to the Chats tab and open the conversation that you want to manage.
- Tap and hold one of the messages on the chat and select “Pin” from the menu.
- Tap PIN on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
Pinning a message places it at the top of the chat right below the header. You can remove a pinned message by clicking the X icon on the right side of it.
On your computer:
- Open the Viber desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Browse the Chats tab on your sidebar and open the group or channel that you want to manage.
- Right-click one of the messages on the chat and select the Pin option from the menu.
- Click the Pin button on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
Please note that only admins and Superadmins can pin messages within a community. On the other hand, regular group members can pin messages whenever they want.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to pin messages on Viber, you can now post important announcements or ask questions and place them at the top of the chats. In this way, other group and community members can easily notice the message when they open the chat.
That’s everything we have in our guide! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.