How To Pin Channels On Microsoft Teams
Last Updated: June 20, 2022
Are you having trouble finding a channel quickly on Microsoft Teams? Do you want to prioritize finding some of your channels on top of other chats on the app? If so, you can pin channels at the top of the Teams tab on your account. Check our quick guide below, and we’ll teach you how to use this feature.
In Microsoft Teams, users can create or join channels within their organization to communicate with other team members. Inside a channel, people can share files, messages, announcements, and other information with other conversation members.
If you’re a member of a lot of channels, it can be quite difficult to find the ones you always use on the app among the other channels on your account. Thankfully, you can pin channels on the top of the Teams tab so that you can access some of your conversations faster.
Here’s our guide about pinning channels on the MS Teams mobile and desktop app.
How to pin a channel on Microsoft Teams
If you want to put a channel on the top of the list, you can use the pin option on the channel. In this way, you can find the channel without browsing through everything on the list.
You can pin channels, whether you’re using Teams on your computer or mobile device. Follow our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
On your phone:
- Launch the Teams mobile app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your organization.
- Head to the Teams tab by tapping the option at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap and hold onto the channel that you want to manage.
- Tap the “Pin channel” option at the bottom of your screen.
That’s how you pin channels from the Teams mobile app. The pinned channel will appear on the top of your list so that you can find it easier in the future.
On your computer:
- Launch the Teams desktop app or visit their web client and sign in to your organization.
- Check all your channels by selecting the Teams tab on the sidebar.
- Hover to the channel that you want to manage, click More options (three dots icon), and select the Pin option from the menu.
You can pin multiple channels to the top of your channels list. Drag and drop items to rearrange them at your convenience.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to pin channels on Teams, you can put the ones you always use at the top of your Teams tab to access them faster in the future. You can also pin conversations and chats with other users for the same purpose.
That’s it! If you want to read more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently and check our daily posts and updates.