How To Mute Someone On Instagram
Last Updated: July 13, 2022
Do you want to hide someone’s stories or posts on Instagram? Or do you want to mute messages and call notifications from one of your followers on the app? In any case, you can mute users on the app. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
On Instagram, you’ll see the posts and stories of people that you follow on the app. By default, people can also send you messages on the app.
If you no longer want to see someone’s posts or stories on the app, you always have the option to unfollow their account. However, doing so might cause some misunderstanding, especially if you’re friends with the person involved.
Thankfully, you can mute someone’s stories and posts to hide them from your feed without unfollowing their account. Follow our guide below, and we’ll show you how to mute someone on Instagram.
How to mute someone’s messages, posts, and stories on Instagram
If you don’t want to see someone’s posts and stories on Instagram, you have the option to mute them on the app. In this way, you don’t need to unfollow them and cause some misunderstanding.
You can mute users whether you’re using the Instagram app on your mobile device. Check our quick tutorial below, and we’ll show you how to mute posts, stories, messages, and call notifications on the app.
How to mute posts and stories:
- Launch Instagram from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Use the search bar to find the account that you want to mute. You can also tap someone’s username from their feed or story to go to their profile.
- Tap the “Following” option below their profile information.
- Select the Mute option from the menu.
- Toggle the sliders beside the Posts and Stories section to mute them.
That’s how you mute someone’s posts and stories from the Instagram mobile app. Posts and stories from muted users won’t appear on your feed on the app.
Aside from muting someone’s posts and stories, you can also mute messages and call requests from people on the app.
How to mute messages and call notifications:
- Open Instagram on your phone and sign in to your account.
- Tap the messages icon on the top right corner of the app.
- Open one of your conversations and tap the person’s name on the header.
- Toggle the mute messages and call notifications option.
If you don’t want messages from another user to appear in your inbox directly, you have the option to restrict their account. Restricting someone moves their messages to another message box while hiding your activity status from the user.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to mute people on Instagram, you can now hide posts and stories from your feed without unfollowing your friends on the app. You can also mute messages and call notifications through your conversation with one of your contacts.
That’s everything we have on us! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.