How To Mute Chats On Viber
Last Updated: December 6, 2022
Do you receive a ton of alerts and notifications from your Viber chats? Do you want to silence notifications from certain groups or chats on the app? In any case, you can use the mute option on some of your conversations on the app. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you everything you need to know.
By default, you’ll receive notifications from Viber even when you’re not using the app. In this way, you’ll get updates from your conversations and stay in the loop even when you’re busy with work or resting at home.
However, we understand that some of you don’t prefer receiving a lot of notifications from the app. Thankfully, you have the option to silence the group and individual chats on the app.
So if you don’t find some of your chats that important, you can mute them in the meantime. In this way, you’ll receive fewer notifications from Viber.
Here’s our guide about muting chats on Viber.
How to mute group and individual chats on Viber
If you don’t want to receive notifications from some of your chats on Viber, you can mute them on your account. In this way, you won’t receive a lot of alerts on your device when you’re working or resting at home.
You can mute chats whether you’re using Viber on your phone or computer. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll cover the steps to do so from both.
On your phone:
- Open Viber on your device and sign in to your account.
- Go to the Chats tab and open the conversation that you want to mute.
- Tap More options (three dots icon) on the top right corner and select “Chat info” from the menu.
- Toggle the “Mute chat” option from the menu that appears on your screen.
- Select how long you want to mute the conversation.
Alternatively, you can tap and hold one of your conversations on your chats list. Once the menu appears, select the Mute option.
On your computer:
- Launch the Viber desktop app and link it to your account.
- Browse your Chats and open the conversation that you want to mute.
- Select the Mute Chat option on the sidebar located on the right side of the conversation. If you can’t see the sidebar, click the information icon on the conversation header.
- Select how long you want to mute the chat and click OK on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
Once you mute a chat, you won’t be able to receive notifications and alerts from messages and likes on the conversation. You can mute group or individual chats whenever you want.
Instead of muting a group, you have the option to snooze it for a month. Snoozing a group mutes all notifications from the chat and moves it to the bottom of your chats list.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to mute chats on Viber, you can now silence notifications from certain conversations on the app. In this way, you’ll receive fewer notifications and alerts from your account.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.