How To Mute Calls From Unknown Users On Viber
Last Updated: November 20, 2022
Do you keep on receiving calls from unknown numbers on Viber? Do you want to mute these calls to prevent them from distracting you while you’re using the app? If so, you can silence calls from unknown numbers on the app. Follow our guide below, and we’ll teach you how to do so.
When you register to Viber, you’ll need to enter your phone number for your account. Anyone that has your phone number can contact you easily on the app.
By default, everyone that has your number on Viber can immediately call you on the app, even people that are not in your contacts. However, we understand that you might not want to answer calls from people you don’t know on the app.
Thankfully, you can silence calls from unknown numbers on the app. Here’s our guide below to help you use the feature on your account.
How to silence calls from unknown numbers on Viber
If you don’t want to hear calls from anonymous users on Viber, you can enable the silence option on the app. When you do, calls from unknown numbers will appear on your chat list and recent calls list instead.
You can enable the silence unknown callers feature on Viber, whether you’re on your phone or computer. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll cover the steps to do so.
On your computer:
- Open the Viber desktop app and link it to your account.
- Click the gear icon on the top right corner of the app. Alternatively, you can click the drop-down arrow beside your profile icon and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Head to the Privacy and Security tab.
- Toggle the “Silence Unknown Callers” option.
That’s how you mute calls from unknown numbers on Viber. These calls will appear on your chats list and recent calls list instead of alerting you right away.
On your phone:
- Open Viber from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap More on the bottom right and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Head to your “Call and messages” options.
- Toggle the “Silence Unknown Caller” option at the bottom of the menu.
This feature only mutes unknown calls on your account. You can still send messages and interact with users that are not in your contacts on the app.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to silence calls from unknown users on Viber, you can now use the app without worrying about sudden calls from people you don’t know on the app. You can check your chats list or recent calls list for missed calls from unknown numbers.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.