How To Mute All Participants In Zoom
Last Updated: September 29, 2021
Do you want to prevent other meeting participants from using their mic in the meantime? How about other people that join the video conference in the future? Either way, you have the option to mute everyone as the host. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to use this feature on your Zoom meetings on your phone or computer.
Zoom permits hosts to manage the meeting members any time they want. The host of a room can kick disruptive or unwanted members out of the room and deny them entry whenever they request to rejoin.
Aside from kicking members out of a meeting, the host can mute other participants to turn off their microphones. On top of that, there’s a button to mute everyone in the room at once.
With that in mind, here’s our guide on how to mute all meeting members on Zoom.
How to mute all meeting participants in a Zoom meeting
If you want to limit distractions and noises from other participants on your Zoom meeting, you have the option to mute them all as the host. In this way, you can focus on discussing or speaking without unnecessary interruptions.
You can mute participants whether you’re using Zoom on your phone or computer. In our step-by-step tutorials below, we’ll show you how to do it on both.
On your desktop:
- Launch the Zoom desktop app or visit their web browser client and sign in to your account.
- Host a new meeting.
- Click the Participants icon at the bottom of the meeting window.
- On the Participants section, click “Mute All.”
- Once the pop-up notification appears on your screen, click “Yes” to confirm your decision.
Alternatively, you can press “Alt + M” on your keyboard to toggle the Mute All option. Using this feature turns off the microphone for current participants and anyone who enters the room.
By default, participants can choose to unmute themselves any time they want. However, the host can prevent them from doing so.
On the mobile app:
- Open Zoom on your phone and sign in to your account.
- Host a new meeting or start one of the scheduled ones.
- Tap Participants at the bottom of the meeting room. If you can’t see the options on the room, tap your screen once.
- Select the “Mute All” button at the bottom of the Participants window.
- Tap the blue “Mute All” button to confirm your decision.
When you use the Mute All feature, it turns off the mic for all the current and future participants at your meeting.
If you only want to mute people that join the meeting in the future, you can do so on the Zoom mobile app. Tap More (three dots icon) at the bottom of the meeting room, select Meeting Settings, and toggle the “Mute upon Entry” option.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to mute meeting participants in Zoom, you can host a video conference while limiting the distractions and noises from other members. Keep in mind that anyone can unmute their microphone whenever they want, by default.
That’s all from us! For more tips and tutorials, visit our site regularly, and don’t forget to check our daily posts and updates.