How To Mute A Group In GroupMe
Last Updated: August 30, 2022
Do you want to turn off your notifications from GroupMe temporarily? Or do you want to mute some of your groups indefinitely? In any case, you can mute chats on the app. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll teach you how to do so.
When someone sends you a message on GroupMe, you’ll receive a notification from the app. In this way, you can stay in the loop when it comes to the latest happenings within your groups.
If you manage or participate in multiple groups on the app, you may receive a lot of notifications from the chats everyday. Although notifications can update you with the latest happenings with your groups, too much of them can distract you from working or relaxing during your free time.
Thankfully, you can opt to mute your conversations on the app. Here’s a quick guide to help you find the option to mute your groups on GroupMe.
How to mute one of your groups in GroupMe
If you don’t want to receive notifications from one of your groups in GroupMe, you can mute the conversation. You can choose how long you mute a chat and even set a custom time.
You can mute groups in GroupMe whether you’re using the app on your phone or desktop. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
On your phone:
- Open GroupMe from your screen drawer or home screen and sign in to your account.
- Go to the group that you want to manage and tap More options (three dots icon) on the conversation header.
- Select the Mute option on the menu that appears on your screen.
- Select how long you want to mute the conversation and tap OK on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
Aside from selecting from the available mute duration, you can set a custom time to disable the notifications for the conversation. You can navigate to your app Settings and select the “Turn off all notifications” option to mute all the groups on your account.
On your computer:
- Launch the GroupMe Windows app and sign in to your account.
- Go to one of your groups and select the Settings tab on the sidebar.
- Click the drop-down arrow under the Mute option in the Notifications section. Select how long you want to turn off the notifications for the conversation.
You can also mute notifications from the GroupMe web app, and the process is pretty similar to the ones above. If you want to mute all notifications from the app, open the Settings tab and turn off notifications for all the chats.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to mute groups in GroupMe, you can turn off the notifications from conversations that are not your priority. In this way, you can focus on work-related groups or ones that require your immediate attention.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.