How To Move Boards To Another Workspace On Trello
Last Updated: March 31, 2022
Do you want to transfer one of your boards to another workspace on Trello? Or do you want another team to handle all the tasks and cards within the board? In any case, you can move boards across workspaces on Trello. As long as you have workspace admin permissions, you can transfer a board to another workspace that you’re using on your account.
In Trello, you can handle multiple workspaces with a single account. As such, you can work with multiple teams and projects at the same time without creating a new account on the app.
As time passes by, there might be situations where you’ll want to pass one of your boards to another team on the app. Thankfully, Trello allows its users to transfer boards to different workspaces on the app.
As long as you’re an admin of the current workspace and a member of the other one, you can move boards whenever you want.
How to move boards across workspaces on Trello
If you want another team to handle one of your boards, you can move it to another workspace. As long as you’re an admin of the current workspace, you can move one of its boards to another workspace that you can access.
You can move boards across workspaces, whether you’re using Trello on your phone or computer. We’ll teach you how to do so in our quick guide below.
On your phone:
- Open Trello from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Go to the board that you want to manage and tap the three dots icon on the top right corner of the page.
- Once the sidebar appears on your screen, select “Board Settings.”
- Tap the current workspace for your board.
- Select the new workspace where you want to move the board and tap the check icon on the top right corner to confirm your decision.
That’s how you transfer boards across workspaces on Trello. If you ever change your mind, you can always move the board back to its old workspace.
Always remember that only workspace admins can move boards to another workspace.
On your computer:
- Visit Trello on your preferred web browser and sign in to your account.
- Open the board that you want to move to another workspace.
- Click the board’s current workspace at the top of the page and click “Change workspace” on the menu.
- Choose the board’s new workspace and click “Change” to confirm your decision.
Before transferring a board to another workspace, make sure to consult with your workspace members. After all, you’ll want everyone’s approval when moving data across different teams.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to move boards across workspaces, you can transfer some of your projects to another team on the app. You can also move inactive boards to one workspace to delete them in one go.
That’s it! If you want more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.