How To Marry Harvey In Stardew Valley
Last Updated: September 29, 2021
There’s a lot of marriage candidates in Stardew Valley and each of them have their own unique personalities and quirks. One of the best candidates if you’re looking for a male partner is Harvey, the lovable town doctor. In this guide, we’ll show you the best ways to land him as your partner.
Who is Harvey?
If you’ve ever found yourself in Stardew Valley’s clinic, chances are you’ve met Harvey, Pelican Town’s very own physician. Although he may seem a little boring at first glance, he’s actually one of the most laid back and caring villagers in the game. He does look a little bit older, but that just means he’s more mature when it comes to relationships.
If you get a peek at his apartment, you’ll see that it’s a full blown bachelor pad. Despite telling you to eat healthy, his fridge is full of microwaveable food since he doesn’t cook much. Being the town’s only doctor, Harvey is probably busy and doesn’t find much time for companionship outside the professional relationship he has with the other residents. At some point, he’ll also admit that he has a fondness for jazz music.
Out of all the marriage candidates, Harvey probably has the easiest to remember schedule. Below, we’ll go into further detail and list Harvey’s schedule:
Spring and Summer
Monday, Wednesday, and Sunday
- 6:00 AM: Home
- 8:30 AM: Working at the front desk of the Clinic
- 12:00 PM: By the fountain at the Community Center
- 5:30 PM: Returns to work at the Clinic
- 6:40 PM to 10:00 PM: Returns home and goes to bed by 10
Tuesday and Thursday
- 7:30 AM: Working at the Clinic
- 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM: Returns home and goes to bed by 10
- 7:00 AM: At home, standing in front of the refrigerator in his room
- 8:30 AM: Works at the Clinic
- 12:00 PM: Shopping at Pierre’s General Store
- 3:00 PM: Returns home and goes to bed by 10
- 8:30 AM: Leaves home and stays at the Museum
- 3:00PM: Returns home and goes to bed by 10
- 8:00 AM: At home
- 8:40 AM: Working at the Clinic
- 12:00 PM: Goes back into his room
- 5:30 PM: Goes to the Stardrop Saloon
- 10:00 PM: Returns home and goes to bed
Harvey’s schedule will mostly be the same during the Fall Season. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Sundays, he’ll be at the river, near the beach from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM before returning to the clinic.
Harvey’s Winter schedule is more or less the same as the previous seasons. On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Sundays, he’ll be following his Raining schedule instead of the usual. Like most people, he’ll also be at the Night Market at the Beach on Winter 15 from 5:00 PM to 12:00 AM.
Like with all the other villagers, sending Harvey gifts is the key to win his affections. All villagers in Stardew Valley have specific gifts that they Love, Like, feel Neutral about, Dislike, and Hate. Naturally, you’d want to steer clear of everyone’s Dislikes and Hates if you want them to like you. Fortunately, Harvey’s gift preferences can be easily obtained and what you would typically expect from a doctor. We’ll list the items that you can give to Harvey and their corresponding friendship points.
Loves (+80 Friendship Points)
- Super Meal
- Truffle Oil
- Universal Loves (Prismatic Shard, Golden Pumpkin, etc.)
Likes (+45 Friendship Points)
- Some Foraged Items (Chanterelle, Common Mushroom, Daffodil, Dandelion, Ginger, Hazelnut, Holly, Leek, Magma Cap, Morel, Purple Mushroom, Snow Yam, Spring Onion, Wild Horseradish, and Winter Root)
- Animal Products (Duck Egg, Duck Feather, Goat Milk, and Large Goat Milk)
- All Universal Likes (except Cheese and Goat Cheese)
- All Fruit (except Salmonberry & Spice Berry)
Neutral (+20 Friendship Points)
- All Universal Neutrals (except Duck Feather, Bread, Coral, Nautilus Shell, & Rainbow Shell)
- All Eggs (except Duck Egg & Void Egg)
- Milk and Large Milk
Dislikes (-20 Friendship Points)
- All Universal Dislikes (except Spring Onion)
- Goat Cheese and Regular Cheese
- Some Cooked Dishes (Blueberry Tart, Chocolate Cake, Cookie, Cranberry Sauce, Fried Mushroom, Glazed Yams, Hashbrowns, Ice Cream, Pancakes, Pink Cake, Pizza, Rhubarb Pie, and Rice Pudding)
Hate (-20 Friendship Points)
- All Universal Hates (Baits, Fossils, Trash, etc.)
- Nautilus Shell
- Rainbow Shell
- Spice Berry
As you can see, most of the things Harvey Loves and Likes are pretty easy to acquire. The best way to win him over through gifts is by giving Coffee whenever you can. Nothing beats a hug in a mug. You can get Coffee by purchasing it from Gus at the Stardrop Saloon for 300g or you can make it on your own by placing 5 Coffee Beans inside a Keg. He celebrates his birthday on Winter 15 so make sure you get him something he loves.
Heart Events are little cutscenes whenever you reach a certain number of hearts with villagers. Think of it as some sort of friendship milestone. You’ll be faced with a choice at the cutscene and depending on what you chose, you’ll get more or less friendship points with that particular villager. There are certain conditions before you can trigger these heart events so we’ll take a look at each one for Harvey.
Enter George’s House while George is there. Harvey is giving George a checkup and advising him to live a healthier lifestyle. George disagrees and insists that he can do well on his own. At this point, they’ll ask for your opinion.
- “George should follow Dr. Harvey’s advice.” (+40 friendship points)
- “George knows what’s best for his own body.” (-40 friendship points)
Enter the Clinic when Harvey is there. Harvey is writing you a letter to invite you for your annual check up and while you’re there, he notices that your pulse is high.
- “I’m a little nervous…” (+20 friendship points)
- “I’m out of breath from working on the farm.” (+20 friendship points)
- “Are you really a doctor? My pulse is fine!” (-50 friendship points)
Go to the General Store between 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM. You’ll find Harvey taking an aerobics session and he seems to be embarrassed by it. He’ll ask you to keep it a secret.
- “I won’t tell” (+20 friendship points)
- “I can’t promise that.” (-50 friendship points)
Walk into the Clinic when Harvey is there. You’ll head straight into his room and you’ll find him using his radio equipment to speak with a pilot. There’ll be dialogue choices here, but choosing either one won’t affect your friendship points.
Harvey will send you a letter asking you to meet him at the Railroad Tracks. You must be there between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Once there, he’ll take you on a romantic ride on a hot air balloon. He confesses his feelings for you and you both cap it off with a kiss.
We should note that you need to give your desired partner a Bouquet before you can reach Ten Hearts. This can be bought from Pierre’s General Store for 200g anytime you reach 8 hearts with a marriage candidate. As soon as you’ve maxed out the hearts, you can now purchase a Mermaid Pendant to officially ask your desired partner to marry you. This is available for purchase from the Old Mariner located at the beach beyond the bridge. He’ll only be there before 7:00 PM and will only appear during rainy days. You’ll also need to upgrade your Farmhouse at least once so that you can marry someone.
- During the eight-heart event in his room, he mentions that his coordinates are 52 North, 43.5 East. In the real world, this would put his location in southwest Russia, between Ukraine and Kazakhstan.
- Inside the Clinic, you’ll see several plaques on the wall. One of them is an advertisement for a fictional drug Pravoloxinone which has the side-effect of complete disintegration of one or more bones for 1 in 500 patients. We hope Harvey doesn’t sell this drug in his clinic. Or does he?
- Tired of getting married to Harvey? Check out our guide on how to divorce in Stardew Valley here.
So there you have it! That’s everything you need to know on how to marry Harvey in Stardew Valley. Be sure to check back with us often for more guides on your favorite video games. Have fun!