How To Manage Your Notifications On Spotify
Last Updated: December 14, 2022
Do you want to receive more push and email notifications from Spotify? Or do you want to remove the alerts that you don’t need from the app? In any case, you can manage how the app sends you notifications through the app or email. Check our quick guide below, and we’ll teach you how to do it from your phone and desktop.
By default, you’ll receive notifications from Spotify on your phone and email. For example, you’ll receive promotions, offers, surveys, and news from the app that might interest you.
However, we understand that not all notifications from Spotify are useful for you. To lessen the number of alerts you receive from the app, you can manage your notifications on your account settings.
Here’s our guide to managing your Spotify notifications.
How to change your notifications on Spotify
If you want to choose the type of news, recommendations, offers, and updates that you’ll receive from Spotify, you can change the notification settings on the app. In this way, you can reduce the number of emails and phone alerts from the app and only get the news that might interest you.
You can change your notification settings on Spotify whether you’re on your phone or computer. In our step-by-step tutorials below, we’ll cover the steps from both devices.
On your phone:
- Open Spotify from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the gear icon on the top right to open your Settings page.
- Scroll down and select “Notifications.”
- Open each notification type and choose whether to receive notifications or not. You can choose to toggle push and email notifications for each type.
That’s how you manage your notifications from the Spotify mobile app. To receive push notifications, you need to enable notifications from Spotify on your phone settings.
In one of Spotify’s recent updates, you can now enable notifications for new episodes from shows that you follow on the app. In this way, you can listen to newly released episodes from your favorite podcasts right away.
On your computer:
- Open the Spotify account page on your browser and sign in to your account. If you have the desktop app open, click your profile icon on the top of the app and select “Account” from the menu.
- Head to the Notification settings tab.
- Manage the notifications you receive by checking/unchecking the boxes beside the notification type.
- Scroll down and click the Save option to confirm your decision.
You can only enable notifications for new episode releases from the Spotify mobile app.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to manage your notifications on Spotify, you can now stop the app from sending you alerts that you don’t need. If you ever change your mind, you can always edit your settings whenever you want.
That’s it! If you want to read more tips and tutorials, visit our homepage and check our latest posts and updates.