How To Make Your Steam Profile Private
Last Updated: April 18, 2023
Do you want to hide your profile contents on Steam from people you don’t know on the app? Or do you want to show your profile to your friends only? Either way, you can change your profile privacy settings on Steam. In this article, we’ll teach you how to make your profile private on the app.
By default, anyone that views your Steam profile can check your information on the app. Your friends list, achievements, games, inventory, and other information are visible for public view.
However, you can change your privacy settings on the app and make your profile private. You can also choose the content you want to hide from users that are not on your friends list.
Here’s our guide about changing your profile privacy settings on Steam.
How to make a private profile on Steam
If you don’t want strangers to check your profile content on Steam, you can make it private on the app. You can change who can see your profile summary, friends list, comments, groups, and other information on your profile.
You can change your group privacy settings whether you’re using Steam on your phone or computer. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll teach you how to do it from both.
On your computer:
- Open the Steam desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Click the drop-down arrow beside your profile name on the upper right part of the app and select “View my profile” from the menu.
- Click the Edit Profile button on the right side of the page.
- Head to the Privacy Settings tab of the app.
- Change your “My profile” privacy settings and set it to Private or Friends Only.
Instead of managing your privacy settings for your entire profile, you can choose to control each subcategory instead. In this way, you can make some of your content public while showing some of them to your friends or yourself only.
On your phone:
- Launch the Steam mobile app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap your profile icon on the upper right.
- Select the “View Profile” button.
- Tap the Edit Profile option on your profile page.
- Scroll through the profile options and select “Privacy Settings.”
- Set the “My profile” option to Private or Friends Only.
You can control subcategories under your profile, such as your game details, inventory, friends list, comments, screenshots, and workshop items. If you don’t want anyone else on the app to see your content, choose the Private option.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to change your profile privacy settings on Steam, you can easily make your profile information private. The only thing you can’t hide from other Steam users is your basic details, including your profile name and avatar.
That’s everything! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our daily posts and updates.