How To Make Clothes In Roblox
Last Updated: February 21, 2021
Do you want to create shirts and pants for your avatar to wear in Roblox? Or do you want to design one to sell it to other players? In any case, we’re here to help you. We’ll teach you how to make clothes on Roblox, whether it’s t-shirts, shirts, or pants.
In Roblox, you can design and upload clothing for your avatar to wear. You can choose to create t-shirts, shirts, or pants as long as you don’t violate the platform’s rules and terms.
By creating clothing on Roblox, you can fully customize your avatar with the images you designed. You can even sell them to other players and earn Robux with every purchase.
If you’re having trouble making clothing on Roblox, don’t worry, we got you covered. All you have to do is follow our guide below, and we’ll teach you how you can test your designs and upload them on Roblox.
How to make an avatar clothing in Roblox
If you want to customize your Roblox avatar, you can choose to design your own t-shirts, shirts, or pants and upload them on the platform. You can even sell it on the catalog to earn some Robux.
The easiest clothing you can design in Roblox is a t-shirt decal that you can apply to the front surface of a model’s torso. To create one, all you have to do is design an image (we recommend a size of 512×512 pixels) and upload it to Roblox.
Shirts and pants
As for shirts and pants, both types of clothing wraps around your avatar’s body, which allows you to customize and design more. However, creating one isn’t that easy, unlike decals.
Here’s how to do it on your computer:
- Download the pants and shirt templates provided by Roblox. Note that each template has parts that have different sizes that wrap around your avatar’s body parts.
- Open one of the templates on your preferred image editor.
- Design your clothing and use the template as a guide. Please note that the image must have the same dimensions as the template, which is 585×559 pixels. Otherwise, you’ll fail in uploading it to Roblox.
Here are the sizes for each body part on the template according to Roblox:
|Wide rectangle||Top and bottom of your avatar’s torso||128 x 64 pixels|
|Large square||Front and back of the torso||128×128 pixels|
|Tall rectangle||Sides of the torso (R, L) and sides of arms or legs (L, B, R, F)||64×128 pixels|
|Small square||Top and bottom of arms and legs||64×64 pixels|
Note: Some avatars do not support any clothing even if you got the template right.
Test and upload your clothing
Now that you have your design, it’s time to test them on the Roblox Studio. With the help of a dummy avatar, you can try to wear your clothing before uploading them on Roblox or selling them to other players.
Here’s how to test them:
- Open your Roblox Studio, sign-in to your account, and open one of your places or templates.
- Head to the Plugins tab and select “Build Rig.”
- Choose one of the rigs to add a Dummy avatar on your game editor window.
- Using the Explorer window, hover on the Dummy object and click the plus icon. Choose to add a ShirtGraphic (for t-shirts), Shirt, or Pants, depending on your design.
- Click on Clothing or Shirt Graphic under the Dummy object and go to the Properties window. If it isn’t visible on your screen, navigate to the View tab and select Properties.
- Upload your designed image and paste its Asset ID on the Graphic, ShirtTemplate, or PantsTemplate property of the Properties window.
Try to test your clothing on different rigs to make sure that it looks good on most avatars. Once you have no problems with your design, you can upload it to Roblox.
To do so, first head to the Create page on the Roblox website, click “Manage my games,” and go to My Creations. Select Shirts, Pants, or T-Shirts on the left column and upload your images.
Once Roblox approves your design, it will show up as one of your creations. You can choose to apply it to your avatar or sell it to other players.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know the right templates for t-shirts, pants, and shirts on Roblox, you can go ahead and use them to design avatar clothing. After doing so, all you have to do is upload them on Roblox, where you can apply them to your avatar or sell them to other players.
For the latest tips, tricks, and tutorials from us, hit the bookmark button, and visit us regularly for new posts and updates.