How To Make Announcements In Microsoft Teams
Last Updated: April 9, 2021
Do you have an important message to announce to your team members in Microsoft Teams? Are you having some trouble in calling the attention of everyone on a channel? If so, we have here a guide for you. We’ll show you how to send announcements on Microsoft Teams.
Channels in Microsft Teams is a section where members can start conversations and share files with their team. You can even share files, add tabs,
Since channels are a section for discussing topics, projects, and other stuff, it’s usually filled with a continuous flow of messages, replies, and new conversations. As such, it can be difficult to call the attention of everyone on the team.
Thankfully, Microsoft Teams allows you to send announcements with headlines and colorful backgrounds to make them stand out from the rest of the messages.
With that in mind, we prepared a quick guide for you. Read on and learn how to create and post announcements on one of your channels in Microsoft Teams.
How to send announcements to a channel
If you want to get the attention of every member of your channel on Microsoft Teams, you can choose to send announcements instead of starting a new conversation. With a large headline and customizable background, announcements can stand out among other messages on the channel.
Whether you’re using the Teams desktop, web, or mobile app, you can send announcements on any channel. Follow our step-by-step tutorials below to learn how.
On your computer:
- Open the Teams desktop app or visit its web app using your browser, and sign in to your account.
- On the left side of your screen, click Teams. Select one of your teams and open a channel.
- At the bottom of your screen, click New conversation.
- Tap the format icon below the field where you enter your message.
- Once the box appears, click New conversation and select Announcement.
- Add a headline for your announcement. You can also choose to change the color or upload an image to use as a background.
- On the subhead area, type any message you want that you want to announce. Once you finish typing, click Send.
That’s how you send announcements on a channel on Microsoft Teams. Please note that this feature isn’t available on group chats or private ones.
On the mobile app:
Unfortunately, sending announcements is currently unavailable on the mobile version of Microsoft Teams. However, you can still format your messages to catch the attention of other channel members.
- After opening the mobile app, tap Teams at the bottom of the screen.
- Select a team and open one of its channels.
- At the bottom-right corner of the Posts tab, click the New conversation icon.
- Tap the plus icon beside the box where you type your messages.
- Once the available features appear on your screen, select the Format option.
- You can choose to add a subject along with your message, change its background color, and many more.
Although you can’t send announcements on the Teams mobile app, there’s still a way to get the attention of your fellow team members. With the help of formatting and mention features, you can post a message that stands out on the channel.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to send announcements on Microsoft Teams, you can go ahead and call the attention of everyone in a channel. By adding a headline and changing its background, you can make your message stand out from replies and conversations on the feed.
Please remember that you can only make announcements on channels. It isn’t accessible on group chats or private ones. In addition, the feature is only available on the desktop and web versions of Teams.
That’s everything we have on our guide. If you want to see more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us regularly for our daily posts and updates.