How To Make A Template In Notion
Last Updated: June 28, 2021
Are you having some trouble duplicating blocks on your page in Notion? How about creating a template you can freely use? If that’s what you need, we have here a guide for you. We’ll show you how to create your custom template on the Notion desktop or web app. With the help of this feature, you can duplicate multiple content and blocks with a single click.
Templates in the Notion app can help you build your page faster and more efficiently. These features allow you to duplicate content and blocks more quickly on any page you have.
As for those unfamiliar with this feature, you can select from multiple pre-made templates from Notion you can use on your pages. Although that’s the case, you can also create your own templates that you can configure anytime you want.
In our guide below, we’ll teach you how to create a custom template on one of your pages in Notion.
How to create a custom template in Notion
Although the default templates offered by Notion can help you get started on the app, creating a custom one is a way to duplicate content and blocks you need. By doing so, you can copy multiple contents for your goals, tasks, and other plans.
Thankfully, creating a template from scratch is pretty simple and straightforward on the app. However, you can only create one through the desktop or web app.
With that in mind, here’s our step-by-step guide on how to make a template in Notion:
- On your computer, open the Notion desktop or web app and sign in to your account.
- Click “Add a page” on the sidebar located on the left side of your screen and give it any title you want.
- Hover on the command section on your page and click the plus icon to add a block. Scroll down to the end of the menu and select the Template button.
Alternatively, you can type “/template” on the command section and press Enter.
- Rename your template by changing the default text on the “Button name” section.
- Drag blocks that you want to add to your template. You can add texts, checkboxes, lists, and all kinds of blocks. You can even add sub-pages and duplicate their contents every time you use the template.
- Once you finish adding the blocks you want to use on your template, click the Close button on the upper-right side of the configuration window.
After creating a custom template, you can now use it on the page you’re building on Notion. All you have to do is click the button to duplicate its contents. To edit a template, hover on the one you created and click the gear icon to open its configuration window.
That’s how you create a template on the Notion desktop or web app. Unfortunately, you can’t create one on the mobile app. However, you can always use the default templates offered by Notion on your pages.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know to create custom templates on Notion, you can go ahead and use them whenever you need to duplicate blocks or content. In this way, you get to build your page faster and more efficiently.
That’s everything we have on our guide about templates on Notion. For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us regularly and check our latest posts and updates.