How To Make A Collaborative Playlist On Spotify
Last Updated: June 20, 2021
Do you want to have a playlist where you and your friends can team up to fill it with your favorite songs? If that’s the case, we have here a guide for you. We’ll show you how to create a collaborative playlist on Spotify. Whether you’re using their desktop, web, or mobile app, we got you covered.
Spotify is one of the best music streaming services out there, with an extensive library where you can listen to your favorite songs. You can create playlists on the app for the songs you usually play, depending on your mood.
Aside from that, Spotify also has a Collaborative playlist feature that allows you to invite other users to help you manage the playlist. Anyone that has access to the link you share can add, remove, and reorganize songs from the playlist.
What’s good about this feature is both premium and Spotify users can use it on their accounts. However, keep in mind that free users still get ads and can only play it on shuffle.
With that aside, here’s our guide on how to make a Collaborative playlist on the Spotify app.
How to make a playlist Collaborative on Spotify
If you want to have a playlist where you and your friends can add your favorite songs, you can choose to make a Collaborative playlist. In this way, everyone with access to the playlist can help curate the songs within it.
You can make a playlist Collaborative on Spotify whether you’re using your computer or mobile device. Follow our step-by-step tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your computer:
- Launch the Spotify desktop app or visit their web player and sign in to your account.
- Using the menu on the left, click on one of the playlists you created.
- Click More (three horizontal dots) and select Collaborative playlist on the menu that appears on your screen.
- Click More once again and share the playlist by copying or embedding it.
Alternatively, you can right-click a playlist’s title on the left menu and enable the Collaborative feature from the options. You can also share the playlist immediately afterward.
On your mobile device:
- Launch the Spotify mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Tap “Your Library” on the bottom-right side of your screen.
- Open one of the playlists you created.
- On the upper-right corner of your screen, tap the profile icon with the plus symbol.
- Once the prompt appears on your screen, tap “Make collaborative” to confirm your decision.
- Share the playlist by copying a link or through the different apps on your device.
After sharing a Collaborative playlist on Spotify, everyone that has access to the link can open and modify the playlist. All the collaborators can add, remove, and reorder the songs on the playlist.
In turn, you and your friends can join together to create the ultimate playlist that all of you can use. Always remember that you can disable the Collaborative feature anytime you want to prevent other users from editing the playlist.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to create a collaborative playlist on Spotify, you can go ahead and invite your friends to help you fill it with songs. In this way, you can share the music you love with your friends, and they can share theirs as well.
That’s everything we have on our guide! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us regularly and check our latest posts and updates.