How To Make A Channel In Teamspeak
Last Updated: December 28, 2020
Do you want to create a private channel for the admins on your Teamspeak 3 server? How about one for your close friends? Either way, we’re here to help you. If you’re new to the platform and are not familiar with its features, follow our quick guide below to learn how to create a channel.
If you’re looking for a secure VoIP service for your team or organization, Teamspeak is one of the best options out there. It allows you to set up your own server in which you have full control of how it works and its looks.
Just like Discord, servers in Teamspeak can have many channels that could either be for private or public use. You can join or create one of these channels on your server to talk with your friends or other members.
For those who want to test how to create and customize a channel, here’s a quick tutorial for you.
How to create a channel on Teamspeak 3
Creating or connecting to a server is the first step to communicate with other people on Teamspeak. Once you’re inside one, the next thing to do is join one of the channels so that you can talk to your friends through voice chat.
However, you can also create a private one if you don’t want random people to join the conversation. Follow our quick guide below to learn how!
- Launch the Teamspeak 3 app on your computer, and make sure to sign-in to your account.
- Connect to a server.
- After connecting to the server, right-click on its name and select “Create Channel” from the menu.
- Add a name for your channel and password if you want to keep it private. You can also add a topic and description to display if you have permission to do so.
- Under the Standard tab, you can choose what type of channel you want to create and its position on the list.
Here are the three types of channels on Teamspeak:
- Temporary – The name says it all. This type of channel automatically gets deleted once everyone leaves it.
- Semi-temporary – Restarting your server deletes these types of channels.
- Permanent – You can only remove these types of channels by manually deleting them from your server.
- You can also set the moderation level on your channel. Adjusting the “Needed Talk Power” sets the minimum audio power required for users to speak on the channel.
- Once you finalize all the details of your channel, click “OK” to create it.
After creating a channel, you can now invite your friends over and start talking with them. If you want to change some details on your channel, you can always edit it on the channels list.
Other channel options on Teamspeak 3
Aside from changing the standard options on your channel, such as its type, moderation, and position on the server, there are other features you can modify as well. To name a few, you can choose to change the audio presets, max number of users, and permissions on the channel.
So if you want to test these features without creating a new channel, you have the option to edit an existing one. To do this, right-click on your channel’s name on the list and select “Edit channel.” But if you don’t have the authority to edit some of the channel settings, ask the server host for permission.
How to rent a server on Teamspeak
If you don’t have any hardware that you can use to set up a server on Teamspeak 3, you can choose to rent one instead. Fortunately, finding a suitable host isn’t that much of a hassle.
To rent a server, we recommend that you find the ones closest to your location first by checking it on the map provided by Teamspeak. Choose the one you like from the list and visit the company’s website.
To sum it all up
Now that you know how to create a channel on Teamspeak, you can now make a private one for your admins or close friends. But before you do, remember that channels can automatically get deleted depending on their type.
So if you want to create one without worrying about its deletion, choose the permanent type of channel. It won’t get deleted unless you manually do so.
That’s all from our guide about creating a channel on Teamspeak 3. For the latest tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit us regularly for our daily updates.