How To Lock A Page In Notion
Last Updated: October 26, 2022
Do you want to prevent accidental changes on your page in Notion? Or do you want to make sure that it’s strictly for viewing at the moment? In any case, you can use the lock feature on the app to prevent editing within the page. Check our quick guide below, and we’ll show you how to use this option on your pages.
Accidents can happen while viewing a finished page on Notion. A misclick on your computer or a sudden tap on the mobile app can make some changes to your page without you noticing.
To prevent these accidents from happening, you can lock a page to disable editing in the meantime. In this way, you can view its contents without any worry.
Here’s our guide about locking a page in Notion.
How to use the page lock in Notion
If you want to view your Notion pages without having accidents, you can lock the page to prevent editing. In this way, you won’t accidentally make changes to the page.
You can lock pages whether you’re using Notion on your phone or computer. Follow our step-by-step tutorial below, and we’ll teach you how to do it from both.
On your phone:
- Open Notion on your device and sign in to your account.
- Go to the page that you want to manage.
- Tap the More options (three dots icon) on the top right corner of the page.
- Toggle the Lock page option on the page settings.
That’s how you lock a page from the Notion mobile app. Locking a page prevents anyone that has access to the page from editing or changing its contents.
On your computer:
- Open the Notion desktop app or visit their web client and sign in to your account.
- Go to the page that you want to manage and click More options (three dots icon) on the top right.
- Once the menu appears, select the Lock page option.
Please note that anyone that has permission to edit the page can unlock it whenever they want. You’ll see a lock indicator on the top left of the page when you enable this feature.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to lock pages in Notion, you can prevent editing accidents while browsing the page’s contents. If you want to make some changes, you can always unlock the app whenever you want.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.