How To Lock A Meeting On Zoom
Last Updated: March 11, 2023
Do you want to keep uninvited guests out of your meetings in Zoom? Or do you want to make sure that no one else can join your meeting room? Either way, you can lock a meeting in Zoom to prevent people from joining it. Follow our guide below, and we’ll cover the steps to do so.
In Zoom, people can join meetings in different ways. The host can send out invitation links or share the meeting ID and password with participants.
While these features make it easier for people to participate in meetings, they can also result in uninvited guests within the meeting.
Thankfully, you can keep unwanted people from your Zoom meeting easily with the lock feature.
Here’s our guide about locking meetings in Zoom.
How to prevent unwanted people from joining your Zoom meeting
If you want to make sure that unauthorized people can’t join your Zoom meeting, you can lock it after every participant joins. Once you lock a meeting, no one can join it even if they have the code for the room.
You can lock meetings whether you’re hosting one from the Zoom desktop or mobile app. In our tutorials below, we’ll show you the steps to do so for both devices.
On your phone:
- Open the Zoom app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Host a meeting on the app and invite all the participants to join.
- Once everyone is inside the meeting room, tap More (three dots icon) on the right-most side of the meeting options.
- Select “Security” from the menu that appears on your screen.
- Toggle the Lock meeting option.
When you lock a meeting, no other user can join it in the future. Even if someone has the meeting details and the room password, they won’t be able to join after locking the meeting.
On your computer:
- Open the Zoom desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Host a meeting and invite the participants to join the room.
- Once everyone is inside the meeting room, click “Security” among the meeting options.
- Select the Lock meeting option from the menu that appears on your screen.
That’s how you lock a meeting on Zoom. After locking a meeting, no other person can join the room until you turn off the feature.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to lock a meeting in Zoom, you don’t have to worry about uninvited users joining your meetings. If you want to let someone inside the room, you can unlock the meeting for a moment and lock it once everyone’s in the room.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our daily posts and updates.