How To Leave A Workspace On Trello
Last Updated: September 25, 2022
Do you no longer wish to participate in one of your workspaces in Trello? Do you want to leave all the boards behind? In any case, you can leave a workspace without deleting it on Trello. Follow our step-by-step tutorial below, and we’ll show you how.
Workspaces on Trello are where collaboration from different teams happens. It organizes your projects, and it’s a place where you can monitor and control different boards on the app.
However, we understand that there might be workspaces that you don’t need anymore. If you have one that you no longer want on your account, you can leave remove yourself from the workspace and leave it behind.
Here’s our guide about leaving a Trello workspace.
How to remove yourself from a Trello workspace
If you no longer wish to participate in a workspace on Trello, you can opt to remove yourself from it. When you leave a workspace, you won’t be able to view or access all the boards within it.
You can leave a Trello workspace whether you’re using the app on your phone or computer. In our tutorials below, we’ll show you how to do it from both.
On your phone:
- Launch the Trello app from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the three lines on the top left side of the app.
- Tap More options (three dots icon) beside the workspace that you want to leave.
- Select “Members” from the workspace menu.
- Tap “More options” beside your name on the members list and select “Leave Workspace” from the menu.
- Select “Leave” from the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
That’s how you leave a workspace from the Trello app for Android. If you’re primarily using Trello on your desktop, you can also leave a workspace from the web or desktop app.
On your computer:
- Launch the Trello desktop app or visit their web client and sign in to your account.
- Click the drop-down arrow beside one of your workspaces on the sidebar and select the Members option.
- Look for your name on the list of members and click the Leave option on the right.
- Select the Leave option on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
You can’t leave a Trello workspace if you’re the only admin presiding over it. If you still want to leave, you can promote one of the members to an admin before continuing.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to remove yourself from workspaces on Trello, you can now leave the organizations that you no longer need on the app. Always remember that you leaving a workspace as an admin doesn’t delete it automatically.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.