How To Leave A Space On Google Chat
Last Updated: May 19, 2022
Did you accidentally join the wrong space on Google Chat? Or do you have a conversation that you no longer use? In any case, you can leave a space whenever you want. Follow our step-by-step guide below, and we’ll show you how.
In Google Chat, users can join or create spaces to collaborate with their contacts and teammates online. Inside a space, users can share messages, files, pictures, and other information that can help them with their work or projects.
As a member of a space, you have the option to leave one whenever you want. If you no longer find the conversation useful or if it’s not active anymore, you can exit it to remove it from your spaces section.
Here’s our guide about leaving a space on Google Chat.
How to exit a space on Google Chat
If you don’t want to participate in a space on Google Chat anymore, you can leave the conversation any time you want. After leaving a space, you won’t be able to view the files, messages, and other data on the chat unless you rejoin in the future.
You can leave a space, whether you’re using Google Chat on your phone or desktop. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll show you the steps you need to know.
On your phone:
- Open Google Chat from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Head to the Space tab and open the one that you want to manage.
- Tap the space’s name on the conversation header.
- Select the “Leave” option among the Conversation options on your screen.
- Tap “Leave” on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
That’s how you leave a space from the Google Chat app for Android. If you ever change your mind, you can always rejoin a space whenever you want.
On your computer:
- Visit Google Chat on your favorite browser and sign in to your account.
- Open the space that you want to manage from the Spaces section and tap the conversation name on the header.
- Select the “Leave” option once the menu appears on your screen.
- Click the Leave option on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
If you want to rejoin a space, click the plus icon on the upper right side of the Spaces section, select the “Browse spaces” option, and find the one you want to rejoin.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to leave a space on Google Chat, you can exit the conversations you no longer need on the app whenever you want. Always remember that you can browse and rejoin spaces after leaving them.
That’s it! If you want to read more tutorials from us, visit our page frequently and check our latest posts and updates.