How To Leave A Server In Discord
Last Updated: September 8, 2021
Did you join a Discord server only to find out that it’s not the right community for you? Or do you want to organize your account and remove servers you rarely check and use? In any case, you’ll find our quick guide helpful. Follow us below, and we’ll show you how to leave a server on Discord.
Joining a server in Discord can help you talk to other people with similar interests. Each one you join can be a different community where people share stuff they love and communicate with other members.
However, there are times where the people and conversations aren’t what you need. On the other hand, you might find other servers that don’t meet your expectations.
Thankfully, you have the option to leave a server anytime you want. Anyone aside from owners can leave a server with a few clicks whether they’re using Discord on a computer or mobile device.
With that in mind, here’s our quick guide about leaving a server in Discord for good.
How to leave one of your servers in Discord
If you no longer want to be a part of a community you previously joined in Discord, you can opt to leave the server whenever you want. When you do, you won’t receive any new messages and notifications from the server in the future unless you join it again.
You can leave a server on Discord whether you’re on your phone or computer. Check our quick tutorials below to learn how to do it on both devices.
On your computer:
- Launch the Discord desktop or web browser app and sign in to your account.
- Go to the server in which you want to leave.
- Click the server’s name at the top-left side of your screen and select “Leave server” from the menu.
- Click the red “Leave server” button to confirm your decision.
After leaving the server, you can join back any time as long as someone re-invites you. Until then, you won’t receive any notifications or messages from the community.
Please note that owners first need to transfer the ownership of their Discord server to another member before they can leave.
On your Android or iOS device:
- Open the Discord app on your device and sign in to your account.
- Tap the three horizontal lines on the top left corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Go to the server you want to leave and tap More options (three dots icon) near the server’s name.
- Once the options appear from the bottom of your screen, tap “Leave server.”
- Tap the “Leave server” button to confirm your decision.
Aside from transferring the ownership of the server and leaving it afterward, owners can opt to delete it instead. However, doing so erases all your data, including the chat history of the server.
Say goodbye to one of your Discord servers
Now that you know how to leave a server on Discord, you can remove the ones you rarely use and organize your account. If you ever change your mind, you can always join a server again once they re-invite you.
That’s all from us! For more tips, tricks, and tutorials, visit our site regularly, and don’t forget to check our daily posts and updates.