How To Leave A Group On Steam
Last Updated: April 28, 2023
Do you have no use for one of your Steam groups anymore? If that’s a yes, you can leave the group whenever you want. You can leave groups on Steam whether you’re an owner, moderator, officer, or regular member. Here’s our article about leaving groups on Steam.
In Steam, users can join different groups with other people on the app. Groups make it easier for people to start discussions and share content with other users.
However, there might be situations where you no longer want to be a part of a group. When that happens, you can leave the group whenever you wish.
Read on, and we’ll cover all the steps for leaving Steam groups in our article below.
How to leave one of your Steam groups
If you don’t want to be a part of one of your Steam groups, you can leave it whenever you want. Once you leave a group, you won’t be able to view and participate in its discussions in the future.
You can leave a group on Steam whether you’re using the desktop or mobile app. Follow our quick tutorials below, and we’ll teach you how to do it from both app versions.
On your computer:
- Open the Steam desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Hover your mouse pointer over your display name on the upper center side of the app and select “Groups” from the menu.
- Browse your existing groups and click the Leave Group button beside one of the groups.
- Click Leave Group on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
After leaving the group, you can no longer access its contents. If you ever change your mind, you can request to join the group again on the app.
If you’re having trouble finding the group you want to leave, you can use the Search bar. Type the group’s name on the search bar and click the leave option from the search results.
On your phone:
- Launch the Steam mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Tap the profile icon on the upper right corner of the app.
- Tap “Groups” under the My Content section.
- Browse your groups and tap “Leave Group” on the one you want to leave.
- Tap Leave Group on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
If you’re the owner of a group and you decided to leave, the oldest Officer will automatically have the ownership responsibility. If that’s not possible, the oldest moderator will become the owner instead.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to leave groups on Steam, you can exit the ones you no longer need on the app. Always remember that you can request to rejoin your groups on Steam. Until then, you won’t be able to participate in the discussions within the group.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our daily posts and updates.