How To Leave A Channel On Zoom
Last Updated: January 1, 2023
Do you no longer use a channel on Zoom? Do you want to remove yourself from the conversation? If that’s the case, you can leave the channel whenever you want. In our quick guide below, we’ll show you how to leave channels from the Zoom mobile and desktop app.
In Zoom, users can create or join channels on their accounts. This feature allows you to form groups where you can send messages, files, and other information.
Channels on Zoom give users a place for discussions and collaboration on the app. It also allows people to start quick meetings without needing to invite people to join the call.
However, we know that channels don’t stay active forever. If that’s the case, you can leave the conversation any time you want.
Here’s a guide about leaving a Zoom channel.
How to exit a channel on Zoom
If you no longer want to participate in a Zoom channel, you can leave it whenever you want. Once you leave a channel, you won’t be able to view the messages sent in the conversation in the future.
You can leave channels on your account, whether you’re using Zoom from your computer or phone. Check our tutorials below, and we’ll show you how to do so.
On your phone:
- Launch the Zoom mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Head to the Team Chat tab and open one of your channels.
- Tap the information icon on the conversation header.
- Scroll down and select “More Options.”
- Select the Leave Channel option and tap Ok on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
That’s how you leave channels from the Zoom mobile app. You won’t be able to view messages and other content from the channel unless you rejoin it in the future.
On your computer:
- Open the Zoom desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Head to the Team Chat tab.
- Browse your chats, hover your mouse pointer to one of the channels, and click More options (three dots icon).
- Once the menu appears, select the Leave Channel option.
- Click Leave Channel on the pop-up window to confirm your decision.
Please note that if you’re the owner of the channel, you’ll need to pass the ownership to another user before you can leave the conversation. On the other hand, you can opt to delete the channel instead.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to leave channels on Zoom, you can now remove yourself from the ones you no longer need on the app. If you want to rejoin the chat, you’ll need an invitation from one of the members.
That’s everything we have in our guide! If you want to read more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently and read our latest posts and updates.