How To Kick Someone From A Group Chat On Discord
Last Updated: November 15, 2021
Did you accidentally include the wrong person on your private group DM on Discord? Or do you want to kick out inactive participants from the chat? Either way, you can manage your group chat participants on Discord to remove people from the conversation. Follow our quick guide below to learn how.
In Discord, users can opt to create small group DMs with their friends on the app. These conversations can hold up to nine members for communicating outside of channels on your servers.
As time passes, there might be group chat members that are not active in the conversation. If you don’t want some users in your group, you can remove them whenever you want.
With that in mind, here’s our guide about removing people from your group DM on Discord.
How to remove someone from a Discord group DM
If you accidentally included the wrong person on your group DM or someone is causing a disturbance in the conversation, you can remove them any time you want. As long as you created the group chat, you can remove unwanted or inactive users from the conversation to make room for other users.
You can remove someone from a group DM, whether you’re using Discord on your computer or mobile device. In our tutorials below, we’ll cover the steps you need to know on both.
On your computer:
- Open the Discord web or desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Head to the Home tab and select one of your group chats on the Direct Messages section.
- Check the group members on the right side of the conversation and right-click on the user that you want to remove.
- Once the menu appears on your screen, click the “Remove From Group” option.
That’s how you remove people from your group DMs on Discord. If you ever change your mind, you can always add the kicked user back to the conversation.
Keep in mind that only the creator of the group has permission to remove people from the conversation. If you can’t find the option to kick someone out, contact the one who started the group DM.
On the Discord mobile app:
- After opening the Discord app on your phone and signing in to your account, tap the hamburger icon on the top left corner to open the menu.
- Go to the Direct Messages tab and open one of your group DMs.
- Slide to the left or tap the members icon on the top right corner of the conversation.
- Under the Members section, tap the user you want to remove from the chat.
- On the menu that appears on your screen, tap “Remove From Group.”
Like we mentioned earlier, you can add people your remove from your group DMs back to the conversation. As long as you have enough room for nine members, you can add more people to the group chat.
Keep in mind that only the creator of the group chat has permission to remove people from the conversation. If you can’t find the option to kick someone out, contact the one who started the group DM.
To wrap it all up
Now that you know how to manage your group members on Discord, you can remove the ones you accidentally included in the conversation or those who are inactive for quite some time. Once you kick someone out, they won’t be able to access and share messages on the chat.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials from us, visit our site from time to time, and check our latest posts and updates.