How To Invite Guests On ClickUp
Last Updated: February 3, 2023
Do you want to share certain parts of your workspace with people outside of it? Or do you want to add people to your workspace for specific tasks, documents, or dashboards only? Either way, you can invite people as guests to your workspace on ClickUp. Check our guide below to learn how.
If you want to work with people outside of your ClickUp organization, you can invite them as guests. In this way, they can only access the stuff you shared with them, preventing them from viewing other things in your workspace.
For those on a paid workspace plan, you can give your guests permission to control their access to the item you shared. You can allow guests to view, edit, comment, or get full permission over a shared item.
Here’s our guide about inviting guests on ClickUp.
How to add guests on ClickUp
There are a couple of ways to add a guest on ClickUp. You can invite a guest to the app by sharing tasks, folders, dashboards, and other items within your workspace.
You can share items on ClickUp whether you’re on your phone or computer. For starters, we’ll show you how to share a task in our tutorials below.
On your phone:
- Open the ClickUp mobile app and sign in to your account.
- Open one of your tasks on the app.
- Tap the three dots icon on the top right corner.
- Tap the Share private link option on the menu that appears on your screen.
- Share the links to one of the apps you have on your device.
Once someone opens the link you shared, they’ll be able to access and view the task as a guest. They won’t be able to access other parts of your workspace unless you add them as a member or admin.
On your computer:
- Open ClickUp desktop or web app and sign in to your workspace.
- Hover your mouse pointer to one of the tasks on your workspace and click the three dots icon on the right.
- Once the menu appears, select the Sharing & Permissions option.
- Invite people through email or share a link.
Sharing a private link only allows people with permission to access the task. On the other hand, using a public link allows anyone to view the item as long as they have access to the link.
Aside from sharing a task, you can share folders, dashboards, goals, templates, documents, and other items within your workspace. Sharing a task makes the viewers as guests, which means that they can’t access other parts of your workspace.
To wrap things up
With the help of the guest feature on ClickUp, your team can now work with people outside of your workspace easily. As such, you won’t need to add more people as members to your workspace to work on specific tasks, folders, dashboards, and other items.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.