How To Install Signal Messaging
Last Updated: January 22, 2021
Are you looking for a messaging service that’s fast and simple? How about one where you can securely call and message your friends? Either way, Signal Messaging is one of the best apps for you. Here’s a guide on how to install the app on your desktop or mobile device.
Signal Messaging is a secure messaging service that offers private communication and end-to-end encryption. It allows users to send messages for free, as long as they have an internet connection.
Aside from that, the app stores nearly all of your encrypted data on your device. On the other hand, your phone number, date of account registration, and last login time are the only sensitive information on their servers.
For those who want to install Signal on their phone or computer, we’re here to help you. We’ll teach you how to install and set up Signal on Android, iOS, and your computer.
How to download and install Signal Messaging
Signal Messaging is available on the Google Play Store and Apple Play Store. All you have to do is download it on your device and register your number to use their services.
For those who want to use Signal on desktops, you must first install the app on your phone and register your number. In order to sign-in to the desktop app, you need to scan a QR code and link your mobile device.
Here’s a tutorial on how to install Signal on your phone or computer.
- Open your Google Play Store, search for Signal Messaging, and tap Install.
Note: Signal can only run on devices with Android 4.4 version and up.
- After installing, open the app from your home screen or app drawer. Tap Continue and grant Signal permission to access your contacts and media if asked.
- Select your country, enter your phone number, and tap Next.
- Re-check the number you entered and tap “OK.” You’ll receive a code from Signal through SMS.
- Add a security pin and tap Next.
- Set up your profile by adding your first name. Uploading a picture and including your last name is optional. After finalizing your profile, click Next at the bottom of the page.
- Create a 4-digit pin for security purposes and tap Next to finish creating your account.
After setting up your profile and creating a pin, you can now use Signal to securely message your friends, family, and other people on the platform. You can also use the app to send SMS through your service provider.
- Download and install Signal from the App Store.
- Launch the app on your device, read the terms and conditions of Signal, and tap Continue at the bottom of your screen.
- Enable notifications and allow Signal to access your contacts.
- Add your phone number and tap Next.
- Enter the code sent to your number through SMS to continue.
- Set up your profile and create a security pin for your account.
Note: Signal only works on iOS that’s running on version 11.1 and up.
You can now enjoy Signal on your iOS device. Please note that you can use your account on other devices as long as you have your phone number and security pin.
On your Windows computer:
For those who want to use Signal on desktops, make sure to install the app on Android or iOS and register your number. You have to link your mobile to the Signal app on your computer to sign-in.
- Using your favorite web browser, visit download Signal’s installer for Windows.
- Launch the installer from your downloads folder. Have your phone ready since you need it to scan the QR code on your computer.
- Open Signal on your phone, tap the three-dot icon at the top right side of your screen, and select Settings.
- Go to Linked devices and tap the plus icon on the bottom right. Give Signal the permission to take pictures and videos with your camera.
- Scan the QR code on your computer using your phone.
- Tap Link devices on your mobile app to connect your account to the desktop app.
- Name your device and finish linking your phone to the app.
To sum it all up
Now that you know how to install and set up Signal on your device, you can now use it to send secure messages to your contacts. It offers end-to-end encryption, so you don’t have to worry much about privacy.
You can also use it as your primary messenger for your SMS and MMS messages. However, please note that these types of messages go through your service provider, which may cost you money.
That’s all on our guide about downloading and installing Signal Messaging on mobile and desktop. For the latest tips and tutorials, click the bookmark button, and visit us regularly for more posts and updates.