How To Hide Your Recently Played Artists On Spotify
Last Updated: January 3, 2023
Do you want to make your listening activity on Spotify private? Do you want to hide artists from appearing on your profile on the app? In any case, you can hide your recently played artists from your profile. Follow our quick guide below, and we’ll teach you the steps to do so.
By default, Spotify displays your recently played songs and artists on your profile. This makes it easier for your followers and people who visit your profile to know what type of music you like.
However, we understand that some of you don’t want to share your favorite artists on your profiles. Thankfully, you have the option to hide these artists on top of not sharing your listening activity on the app.
Here’s our guide about hiding artists from your Spotify profile.
How to hide recently played artists from your Spotify profile
If you don’t want to display the artists that you always play on Spotify, you can hide them from your profile. In this way, your followers won’t know which artists you recently played on your account.
You can hide your recently played artists on Spotify from their mobile and desktop apps. Check our step-by-step tutorial below, and we’ll show you how to do it from both devices.
On your phone:
- Open Spotify from your home screen or app drawer and sign in to your account.
- Tap the gear icon on the top right corner to open your settings.
- Scroll down to the Social section and disable the “Recently played artists” section.
After disabling the feature, your recently played artists will no longer appear on your profile. As such, you’re free to explore new artists without your followers knowing about them.
On your computer:
- Launch the Spotify desktop app and sign in to your account.
- Click the drop-down arrow beside your name on the top right and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Scroll down to the Social section and toggle the “Show my recently played artists on my public profile” option to disable the feature.
That’s how you hide your recently played artists on Spotify. For more privacy regarding the songs you play, you can opt not to share your listening activity on the app.
To wrap things up
Now that you know how to hide your recently played artists on Spotify, you don’t have to worry about people seeing them on your profile. In this way, you can listen to whomever you want without worrying about other people judging you.
That’s it! For more tips and tutorials, visit our page frequently, and read our latest posts and updates.